PC How Is The Scenario Score Calculated?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by puternut, Oct 23, 2018.

1. puternut

puternut New Member

As a real newbie to this game I have just completed a scenario on GWR from Paddington to Slough with four or six stops.

When the report came up it showed the first two or three stations with a red X and the final two or three with a green tick. The timing seemed consistent as I arrived 1 or 2 minutes late at all stops due to taking too much time to clear Paddington.

So my question relates to other possible errors.

Is there a 'perfect' spot along the platform to stop? How close to the speed limit is necessary to keep time?

Looked in the manual and found nothing

2. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

As you approach the platform, you'll see a coloured light beam on the track indicating your stopping point, together with a tag showing the number of yards you still have to go before you reach that point. Try to stop as close as possible to the light beam base and with the yards tag indicator showing a very low value: 0 yards would be perfect.
    As for timekeeping, I've found it necessary to run just about 0.5mph to 2mph below the speed limit to make good time; but it can be very difficult at times to maintain this speed. I found it helpful to use an XBox 360 controller rather than the keyboard, since the controller provides more precise input and allows better overall control.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1