How Is Xp Actually Gained, Whats It Calculated On?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dynamite Andy, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Hey,

I'm currently working my way through the NTP expansion, having completed all achievements for this dlc apart from driving X miles in the loco's and hitting route level 20 (Currently 18).

Throughout this grind, I've been wondering how xp is actually gained, whats it calculated on? I've made some observations but have drawn no conclusion - was wondering if anyone had any information more definitive?

Observation 1
    [​IMG]

Xp is not shared or based on this value, you could run a 40 mile 2 stop service, but only gain a little xp - I found this made no difference for any service or scenario.

Observation 2
    Xp is still gained, even if you fail a service/scenario - Would indicate that this is being adding and saved whilst running the service/scenario.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  2. rhysdabeast0011

rhysdabeast0011 Member

I’m pretty sure it’s how’s long you spend playing a scenario or service. In Tees valley line doing the class 37 services gained me around 2000xp a service which took me 30-40 mins each so I’m certain it might be something to do with time.

3. blewett223

blewett223 New Member

As far as I know those two things do not give experience, but there's a whole lot of different things between you two that do award experience, the fact that you ended up with exactly the same value looks like a big coincidence.

4. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

I know I'm a bit late, it's based on stopping positions and if your on time or not.

5. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

Stopping Positions what time you got there or how long long it takes

6. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Yeah its stopping and staying under speed....
    You won't get much xp for a freight service, but you'll get loads for a local stopping service.... Although you won't get a gold medal if your 5 min+ late....
    Its how the levels work that confuses me, but its not a concern....

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Why dig up this old thread, just to give an incomplete answer to a question about a feature that has actually been changed in the year between the question being asked and now? It’s not helpful.

8. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Ouch! Ummmm, Better late than Never? A for Effort? Yeah, Ok, what you said.....Not Helpful!

• Like Like x 1
  9. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I found the penalty for speeding is a deduction of 15 AP yet deduction for being late is 2 AP per minute. Plus accuracy of stopping position - so until you are fully confident it appears better to drive consistently below the Line Speed and maybe concentrate on stopping position than worrying about lateness?

10. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

I've still no idea how you get scored on passenger loading....

I stop the train open the doors, then close them when loading is complete.... Doesn't always get top score?

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You don’t really, the two scores you get at a station are for stopping accuracy and time of arrival (and you get those points at the time of departure).

• Like Like x 1