How Not To Uncouple In Tsw3 (or Tsw2, Probably)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Sep 4, 2022.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

One of the frustrating things about nor being able to Save and activity in TSW3 is that when you're nearing the end of a long scenario, as I was earlier today, and one of the last instructions involves uncoupling from a cut of cars and in attempting to do so you get out of the engine on the wrong side, but you wiggle around until you see the "climb over" [the couplers, that is] prompt and you press E to do that but you get stuck ...

TSW3_TAPper_1662304821_00.jpg ... what you really want to do is get yourself out of that scenario, open the most recent save point -- but there isn't a latest save point! RATS and DOUBLE_RATS!
    So, I just kept wiggling and dancing until I somehow managed to stumble over the "climb over" prompt again, uncoupled, and went on to complete the scenario despite spending about 5 minutes stuck on top of those couplers -- for some absurd reason still earning a gold medal, which I plan to return to the prize committee ASAP.
    Yes, I have completed several of the engine introduction activities and know that it's possible to uncouple without leaving the driver's seat in TSW3, but that strikes me as unsportsmanlike conduct, so I insist on doing things the realistic, immersed way. So, there!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

Press CTRL+0 on the keyboard and you'll be magically transported back to the cab. (Don't use the 0 on the number pad, use the 0 on the top row.)

• Like Like x 2
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try if I ever get stuck in an odd place again; however, working it out myself, no matter how frustrating, was a lesson worth learning -- I think.