How The Game Can Be Improved With Little Things

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Christiaan, May 10, 2021.

1. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

I thought of making this thread to give the developers some idea's on how to improve the gameplay with not that much extra work. So here are my suggestions:

Ai traffic around stations to make it more lively.
    Big stations in this game are real quit, which isn't the case in real life. Some ai-traffic that goes from portal to the station and into another portal would be way more realistic than only having trains at the station that run the specific route of the DLC. On some maps this is already implemented, think of ECW with trains at Brighton station going directly to a portal. I miss this feature at for example Köln, Münich and Hagen. Being the only train in such a big station feels off and wrong. Therefore I suggest non-driveble ai-traffic around stations to bring some more life to these area's.​

Stationary trains in sidings and yards.
    Many German sidings and yards are empty, which, again, feels off and not realistic at all. Just plop some trains in and it will look so much better. Take for example the yard/depot near Köln hbf, it is completely empty. In real life the thing is full of ICE's, locomotives and coaches (like those in BR101 DLC). These trains don't need to have a function, It doesn't matter if they sit there all day long, as long as they are present.​

I really hope that the upcoming Hamburg - Lübeck route has these features, which will be a deciding factor for buying the route. If not, I would like to see these improvements in the Rush Hour routes.

Please comment if you have anything to add to this list or if you have other thoughts!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

Those are some great suggestions that I hope will make it into the game at some point in the future. Those big stations really do feel a bit empty when you are the only one inside.

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It definitely needs to feel more like the “world”, not just static trains but general hustle and bustle. Games like GTA have had this for years and even the truck sims have pedestrians walking round the streets.

4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Well part of the problem is: If they decide to fill yards with static trains, there won't be future DLC that could use these sidings because the tracks are blocked. See the 363 which now fills Hagen. The yards was empty before, now it isn't because we got a DLC that actually shunts there. And DTG wants to have this opportunity on the routes. Yeah cologne could really have some trains. Agreed 100%. But static trains won't be the best solution in timetable mode. But at least they could fill the yards more in the Scenarios and give us more opportunities in the Scenario planner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember Matt talking about how they didn't want to place static trains on the yards because then if a DLC is created for that same yard they would have to remove those stationary trains and that would mean taking content away from everyone that does not want to buy the DLC.

• Like Like x 2