How To Use The Radio

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by upqtrain, Jul 18, 2021.

1. upqtrain

upqtrain New Member

HI I am new here. I am enjoying TSW2. However I was on the Sand Patch and had to back into a siding. It required I pass an absolute red signal. The sim said push the O button on my controller for the dispatcher. I did and had a brief written responce apear on the bottom of the screen, too quick for me to read it. I assumed it was authority to pass the red signal. I backed up and got fired! I tried again got the same radio responce, but this time I tapped the square and circle multiple times and it made a difference. Another message flashed on the bottom of the screen. Again I assumed it was authority to pass the red. The sim/dispatcher lined the switch, the signal stayed red, I backed up and it worked. When I tap the O it usually controls the brake type. SO what is the proper way to respond to the radio? I don't like getting fired. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The button mapping is as follows:
    (o) shortly pressed - Acknowledge safety system (alerter in the case of US locos)
    (o) held down for a while - contact dispatcher (what you refer to as using the radio)
    (□) - change brake type (cannot have any impact on whether you can pass a red signal or not)

With that in mind, the proper procedure is to hold (o) for a while and then release it again (do not just press it shortly). Then, the screen will show you either one of two messages:
    • Proceed with restricted speed.
    • Denied. Wait for signal to change.
    If you get the first message, you can proceed even if the signal (both the actual one and the one on the HUD) stay red. Obviously, a fixed red plate will always remain red. You shouldn't get the second message if the sim told you to contact the dispatcher.

Hope this helps :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. upqtrain

upqtrain New Member

Thanks it does make perfect sence !

• Like Like x 1