Hsl Oosten: Amsterdam - Arnhem

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack travers, Aug 21, 2022.

1. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Greetings again. Jacc here
    Today I’m requesting the HSL Oosten mainline that runs for about 82km (51 Miles)
    From Amsterdam Centraale through Utrecht and over to Arnhem. Then it starts going faster before joining the line near Dusseldorf and Dortmund. This line has a max speed of, well I’m not sure. I couldn’t find an accurate source but I can be sure that’s it’s between 160 and 230km/h (99 and 143mph)
    Safety systems for this line are ATB, ETCS and another one for trains from different countries (pzb etc)

Operators:
    The first Operator we have for this line is the Dutch National rail operator:
    Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS) [​IMG]

Next we have a joint set:
    Nederlandse Spoorwegen (DB)
    This is the Small dutch company that is allied with Deutsche Bahn and therefore NS owns a couple ICE 3M Sets that have been re- Liveried for The NS company[​IMG]

Rolling Stock:
    First we will start with (NS)
    For the first train we will have probably the most Known Dutch train and the most noticeable train:
    1. The (NS) VIRM. It has a max speed of 160km/h (99mph) but has an in-service speed of 140km/h (87mph) and Is a double decker train and was built by Bombardier [​IMG]
    2. Next we have the (NS) Flirt train which will be running commuter services along the (NS) VIRM Train this train has max speed of
    160km/h (99mph) but an in-service speed of 140km/h (87mph) the same as the (NS) VIRM[​IMG]
    (Personally one of my favorite trains)
    3. (NS) Deutsche Bahn
    For our last train we have the ICE 3M which will be operating fast services to Köln, Dortmund, Berlin and Frankfurt am (Main)
    It has a max speed of about 350km/h (217mph) but a maximum in-service speed of 330km/h (205mph) but it never gets to reach that anywhere in Germany or Amsterdam the fastest it can go in-service that I know of is on the LGV Est: Paris - Strasbourg/ Saarbrücken which It could reach 320km/h (200mph) but since around 2017/18 it has been replaced by the ICE 3 Velaro D on Germany- France services [​IMG]
    This train also has the Blue liveried ICE “Europe” train
    [​IMG]

Stations along the Line from Arnhem:
    1. Arnhem Centraale
    2. Oosterbeek
    3. Wolfheze
    4. Ede- Wageningen
    5. Veenendal- del Klomp
    6. Maarn
    7. Driebergen - Ziest
    8. Bunnik
    9. Utrecht Vaartsche Rijn
    10. Utrecht Centraal
    11. Utrecht Zuilen
    12. Maarssen
    13. Breukelen
    14. Abcoude
    15. Amsterdam Holendrecht
    16. Bullewijk
    17. Amsterdam Bijlimer ArenA
    18. Duivendrecht
    19. Amsterdam Amstel
    20. Amsterdam Centraale

Now I’m not too sure if the Commuter trains do this full line or which stations the stop at. But these are just the stations i found on the line. I do know the ICE’s stop at Arnhem, Utrecht and Amsterdam

Notable Stations:
    1. Arnhem Stations
    [​IMG]
    2. Utrecht Stations[​IMG]
    3. Duivendrecht Station
    [​IMG]
    4. Amsterdam Centraale[​IMG]

tell me what you think and help me out to tell me about the trains and stations. Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Idea and your route links to my suggestion Hollandstrecke Duisburg Arnhem at Arnhem. What DTG can do is merge HRR RRO RSN via Hauptstrecke Bochum/Hagen-Dortmund HDA Amsterdam Arnhem and Duisburg Koln as a bundle called Amsterdam and the Ruhr.
    Hollandstrecke Duisburg Arnhem
    . Sleeper Train is carried out by the NS Dutch Railways BR 193 last stop in Germany towards Amsterdam is Duisburg Hbf on HRR then the Duisburg Arnhem Line Freight DB BR189 DLC trains ICNG DB BR408.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kjeld.dejager

kjeld.dejager Active Member

excellent idea but the top speed is max 160 and that is only for the ICE because that has a different ATB system that allows up to 160 and the nationale trains are max 140 and i miss the SLT and the branch line to Rhenen

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

You are correct and to make this better merge Amsterdam Arnhem with HRR using the HDA
    Hollandstrecke Duisburg Arnhem merged with HRR form Hollandstrecke Duisburg Bochum Arnhem
    Bundle wise Train Sim World 3 Duisburg and Bochum to Amsterdam. International Rhein-Ruhr to the Netherlands

• Like Like x 1
  5. kjeld.dejager

good idea and i think than then a merg and also that then Arnhem- Dusseldorf should be made and merged with all?

6. driverwoods#1787

Correct and if you look at forum suggestions the Arnhem Düsseldorf route is comprised of Arnhem Oberhausen Duisburg lines then the Köln Hbf Düsseldorf Duisburg lines

• Like Like x 1
  7. kjeld.dejager

true and the if they build it would be better to have Schiphol/Amsterdam CS to Arnhem CS or even Duisburg HBF