Hud Help!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Analogue Anomaly, Jan 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Analogue Anomaly

Analogue Anomaly Member

Ok I finally give up searching (in the absence of a proper description of the hud in the TSW2 manual); what are the arrows under and above the throttle/brake position telling me?

There is a lovely page in the TSW2020 manual for the old hud but I can find nothing for the new one - anybody know if such a thing exists?

upload_2021-1-20_13-52-32.png

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The arrows are telling you that you can increase or decrease power/brake I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Check out the excellent work done by Rudolf here:
    https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator/

If you click on TSW2 Downloads, you will find a link to his comprehensive Starter’s Guide. Section 5.6 is about the HUD.

Here is the description of the arrows:

“Throttle position The actual setting of the throttle. This is a bit rough, it does not always show all detail. The arrows indicate in which direction you can adjust the throttle. If
    the square around is, is red, this means the throttle is locked and no power can be applied.”

The Guide - and all his stuff - is highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep, the arrows above and below the throttle indicator tell you that the throttle position can be increased or decreased respectively. When there is no arrow, you know the throttle is in the maximum of minimum position.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Analogue Anomaly

Analogue Anomaly Member

Hmm that makes sense but not what it appears to be doing in a class 45 on NTP...

6. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

Many of the UK locomotives from the preserved collection are glitched in this way. I've seen it on TVL and GWE, as well.

• Like Like x 1