I’m Getting Bored

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gary.mc88, May 6, 2021.

?
  1. You definitely are alone, you loser.

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. You are not alone, I am here with youuu...

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Train go CHOO CHOO!

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. gary.mc88

gary.mc88 New Member

Another German route announced. I have no excitement left in me. They all seem the same (except the mountain type ones).

I don’t feel there is enough variation in this game.

I want to travel on the famous maeklong line through the market. I want to take a super long route through Russia or Mongolia. Perhaps some Japanese routes. Even kinda fancy the China- Pyongyang route.

I suppose what I’m asking for is some Asian routes there but basically I think I need something different from the usual 3 ‘themes.’

Am I alone in this cruel world?

2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

DTG have been asked for more variety in route locations for years (literally, I'm sure these requests date back to the days of Rail Simulator). In the end, it comes down to which routes they know will sell well, which is why we usually get commuter routes set in the modern day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

If I have to be honest, I wouldn't care for almost any Asian route, with the exception of Japan (and maybe China). But I would assume getting licenses from the government run chinese railways or the private Japanese operators is not the easiest thing in the world.

So I personally would like a focus on other European countries.

Maybe it's because I'm too nerd but I still enjoy the differences between the different german routes and locos, to me RRO and HRR are two completely different experiences, just like the 146 and the 182 but I can see how they can feel very same-y

• Like Like x 1
  4. gary.mc88

gary.mc88 New Member

Different Euro countries would do me. Just something different. Different scenery to look at!

• Like Like x 1
  5. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

I like German routes I'm just a bit timid about the safety systems. Dutch routes id like to see. But on the British Irish side of stuff id like to see That covered.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Well Cane Creek a desert type environment that will definitely be something new.Plus when ever steam engines showup there could be interesting new location for them to roam.

• Like Like x 1
  7. r4g3nony

r4g3nony Active Member

I guess they need to keep publishing new routes frequently to make this profitable business and they have good relationship with DB + an extensive German community so they make german routes so frequently..

And i as an Indian would love a Indian route but railways here is very spread out distance between 2 "big" stations is 150-300 km and I'm sure they wont make a route this long. And people wont enjoy it either. I also enjoy German routes 100 time more after turning on SIFA, PZB, and LZB.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Won’t this be the first German DLC to have a complete network?

SBAHN/RE/RB/ICE/IC/Freight.

I think it’s different enough since it’ll incorporate everything we have from the German DLC’s, so it’ll offer good gameplay variety.

HBK is the one that doesn’t really offer anything different IMO.

In any case the Dresden line comes with the BML which will be a big hitter and some US passenger action which has been long awaited, but either way Dresden definitely has its place here.

I can see how rush hour would be underwhelming for more casual players because of the majority of trains being something we’ve already had, but overall I am looking forward to it.