I’m Really Enjoying The Boston Route And New Game Engine.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ace, Aug 28, 2021.

1. ace

ace Member

Well so far I’m really enjoying the route. I’ve driven all three trains and I have no real complaints playing on my original PS4. My experience has been really smooth. I love the route with all the snow. It feels plenty busy with quite a number of trains going by me. It feels real, and being an east coast guy, it makes me a little home sick. I’ve kept the original TSW on my system so I can play the NEC New York route whenever I want. I’m living out west now and it’s very hot so virtual snow is better than nothing! Driving the route has been very smooth with rarely a stutter. The graphics are really nice and the sounds are great too. I know that’s not really a comprehensive review but I just drive the trains, I’ll leave the in-depth reviews to the train experts. I haven’t a real thought on passengers because I’m out of the station as soon as possible, it’s TSW not passenger world. As for the new game engine I feel it’s much quicker getting into the game. It’s seemed like it was taking forever to just load the game a couple of weeks ago, now I’m in fairly quickly. I did notice that it seems like when I turn motion blur ‘off’ it resets to ‘on’ the next time I play. Not a big deal I just usually play with it off because I thought the game ran smoother but I might be imagining that. Good work Dovetail and I look forward to getting my few routes back that still won’t download. (Yes I know your working on it) BTW: I bought the season pass because it really was a great deal and I can’t wait for the next route.

• Like Like x 3
  2. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Overall I think the new Boston route looks ok and I like the fact that there are a lot of trains running on the line. It just feels much busier than older routes and that's great, a step forward. The ACS-64 and F40PH look good and sound alright. But that is where the positives end, for me, and in my own personal experience the route has really bad frame rate and is very laggy- to where the route is nearly unplayable and that is sad. Also another thing I don't like is the fact that, a lot of track joints, switches, and diamonds (level crossing) are totally silent when a train rolls over them, there should be a distinct "clickity clack" sound when going over them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ace

ace Member

That’s a fair assessment of your time with Boston. I definitely just drive the train but hopefully Dovetail will fix the issues you noticed. I haven’t really had the frame rate issues that you observed, but then again, I just might not be paying attention. It’s not like there weren’t frame rate issues going back to TSW 1 and back to Train Simulator on pc.

4. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I will be getting it on PS4 as soon as all my already bought DLC is working, all my
    Routes are back just 3 locos missing. Don’t really want to part with any more cash until then.

5. james.caton

james.caton Member

The only issues i have with the route is the first two tunnels out of boston and laggy fps, it seems that all other service trains seem to kill fps. best not to play a service on rush hour, because more trains in the game kill fps. I'm on the ps4 pro.

6. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

on slim ps4 the game lagging for me a lot…when a train pass for example…:(

• Like Like x 1
  7. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Active Member

Loving the game on PS5 especially the busy stations. A couple of nitpicks though.
    Branches coming through cabs. DS signs in mid air and PIS on island platforms give the same information for both sides.

8. Conrad

Conrad Member

That are simply not true.
    With ps4 it works at 15fps around the Boston station, 20-25fps in other stations. Is not a good experience.
    Don't believe it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

How can it be not true. They are saying how the feel about it. So how do you know they are not telling the truth about how they feel?

And I would like to add, I totally agree with them. And I am telling the truth about how I feel.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

20-25 fps might be smooth enough for them?

• Like Like x 1
  11. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Well I have not been put off by these comments and will be purchasing the route in the next few days (if I get my 3 missing locos back first). One question for those that have the route are the trees ‘free’ of leaves in the winter, as it does still bug me that in every route so far winter settings reveal that ALL trees in the game appear to be evergreen!!!!

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I haven't actually run this route in winter yet even though that's the theme, but i'm pretty sure that one of the features were that the trees were now bare, in any case if you look up one of the preview streams you can see for yourself there.

• Like Like x 1