I-5 Corridor (la-san Diego) Route Update

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by TrainGuy, Mar 2, 2018.

1. TrainGuy

TrainGuy New Member

Hello!

This is my first suggestion, and I would like to have the Pacific Surfliner route updated, as it hasn't bee in some time. At Sand Canyon, Irvine, CA: Crossing removed, bridge was built. And the Los Angeles Commuter, also known as Metrolink, also got some new rail cars, as seen below:
    rotem45.JPG

rotem7.jpg

And there are also trains called coaster (San Diego Commuter) that have an error in their paint job, as seen below:

Real

[​IMG]

TS18

[​IMG]

I hope that you guys could improve this TS classic by updating it, so that people can enjoy it more!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Well the reason why they had to make the incorrect Coaster trains and the unbranded Metrolink trains is because DTG couldn't get a license from either company to use their branding. That's why the paint scheme for the "Coaster" trains is incorrect. I personally don't mind. I know what it's supposed to be and maybe they'll get a license in the future. It's better than nothing and if you really want an actual Coaster train, there's always reskins.

As far as routes go, updates are always good, but I think a better option for DTG would be to make the other end of the Pacific Surfliner route from LA to San Luis Obispo.

• Like Like x 3
  3. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Totally agree

4. Trainman42

Trainman42 New Member

If I recall they made the surfline in model to early 2000's, before the Rotem Coaches were released. A DLC patch could help out with the lack of the cars, however.

Living here a long time I was a tad disappointed with the DLC of LA-SD, actually. I've seen the whole route as far south as Solana Beach, there are many things that could be fixed up like in the ruralish areas (Laguna Niguel-San Juan has full urban development in the simulation, but it's entirely schools, houses, and even a church down the road)

5. TrainGuy

TrainGuy New Member

I totally agree with you there, as I live along the route too. Sometimes I cringe when I see things wrong with the terrain, but DTg is DTG. CalTrain licensed DTG, I wonder why not Metrolink, and Coaster?

6. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Probably because Metrolink and Coaster were charging DTG too much money for a license, which is funny considering that DTG must be filthy rich with how high they price their DLC. I live near Philly and Septa did the same thing. That's why there are no Septa commuter lines around here modeled in TS, except the stations along the Trenton Line in the Philly-NYC Northeast Corridor route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

It’s usually a different set of circumstances depending on who you’re asking. Some simply aren’t license friendly, while some may ask for a ridiculous amount of royalty fees or are don’t want their company represented in the game.

8. Trainman42

Trainman42 New Member

I believe that I read somewhere that Metrolink didn't want the logo on the simulation for some reason unreleased. I can't do much research because it usually just brings up Metrolink's website.

If I am reading correctly, Metrolink is actually operated by Amtrak under SCRRA's authority, which must mean that if Metrolink's owners don't want it because of their own reasons, Amtrak listens to them (cuz of the operations).

Coaster might be under the same thing, I don't have much time to do research on that one however.