Euro Fishing I Came Back To See If Anything Had Changed But Found Its Death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chizzckh, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

So when I first started playing Euro Fishing, I fell in love with it. It wasn't perfect, there were plenty of bugs but the chase to catch the "BOSS" fish was enough to keep me coming back.

Then I hit the stage where it became "Oh another carp, how nice" but to keep things interesting finally there were new DLC waters appearing and my hopes of new challenges and new species/water types seemed to be answered or at the very least show me that it might happen down the line.

But I realised quickly a lot of the new content was just regurgitated with different backgrounds, yes we had a couple of new species to fluff the edges but all the lakes had the same feel but just different visual back drops.

Where the game fails is it moved far closer towards an arcade action game rather than a simulation. It didn't matter what bait, what line, what hook size you used.... It was going to catch and most of them were well, carp. Yes we now had a Perch to catch or bigger specimen Bream/Tench but we had no real way of targeting them as you would in real life, everything seemed pot luck. Pick any swim and launch a bait in, size 4 hook, 25lb line with a large bait... No problem... 1lb roach! Size 18 hook, 3lb line with a maggot..... 80lb catfish.

Plus to go with all of this we had the old bugs still being bugs along with a whole new range of issues that continued to be overlooked.

So I stopped playing for a number of months.

Last Saturday I decided to fire Euro Fishing back up, give it another go as to say. Maybe things were different? Maybe I had missed out on some new exciting content and game changes that was going to make me play more regularly again...?

Very quickly, it dawned I hadn't. I checked on this forum for the first time in a while also and saw continued posts about the same problems that I was having and reading several months ago.

But what made things worse was I saw the Dovetail were involved in a "NEW" fishing game and at that point I knew Euro Fishing was dead in the water (Excuse the pun).

Sad as I really liked the game, I really did. It had bags of potential as well and a good following.

I would love for someone from Dovetail to reply to this post and tell me that isn't the case and tell me there is a new exciting direction the game is going in...

But.....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

I’ve not played for a month just lost interest think in my opinion tht they are not going to do anything else with this game instead they will concentrate on there new up and coming fishing game oh well but I may be wrong be nice to have some sort of clarity

• Like Like x 1