Euro Fishing I Give Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hendore, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Hendore

Hendore New Member

Two bugs that have caused me to loose fish recently, both at random.

The first one is to with the drag mechanics, when fighting a fish I accidentally opened the rod select menu, after closing it to continue playing the fish my drag started decreasing, no matter how much i tried to increase the drag before the line went too slack it was no good, the drag decrease was just countering my change forcing the drag to drop to zero. I casted out again to reset the drag but still couldn't, I had to switch to a different rod then back to the rod with stuck drag before It would begin working again.

The next one happened after the latest update, thought I would have a quick session on the observatory as it's been a while since I fished there, went ahead and threw out a good 6-8 spods right where I wanted then dropped my rig right on top of the mix, must of done the trick because before I could even cast the second rod into that spot I had a run. I switch rods and it feels like a decent fish, then all of a sudden the tension starts to drop, I increase the drag yet tension continues to fall, I had my drag set to 84, never stopped reeling and had my rod tip held up yet the line tension still dropped too low causing another loss, the first fish of my night.

Both of these have just left a very disappointed feeling with Euro Fishing. I got the game on launch date, bought docks on launch date, just got home from a short break and fired up Euro Fishing with the intention of purchasing the season pass but after this (my first cast of the night) I just can't bring myself to do that.

I was a massive fan of the game, can see the potential and I was super excited when watching the latest development diary to see DTG working hard to bring new content but after tonight I'm done. Maybe I'll be back in a few months time to see what's changed, maybe then it will be more of a simulation with much needed features but right now, I'm out.

Good luck DTG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

I wonder if there is a relationship between this behavior and the line being clipped? Anyway, I hate for you to have all the frustration. Hope it gets sorted out. I will try to duplicate this by clipping my line for a few fish and see if there is a correlation.

Edit: I just noticed the line was not clipped in the first vid.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017