I Have Found Quite A Major Problem With The Signals On The Long Island Railroad Dlc

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by CoyoteMan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

Consider this resolved. As of now, just a day later, I've ran the service two different times without incident. Apparently I'd been playing so much yesterday the game needed a restart.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Well seeing as fixing bugs like this is nowhere near DTG's top priority, it will most likely never be fixed and if it does get fixed, it probably won't be for months. This, combined with all kinds of other complaints about this route that I've been seeing seals it for me. I'm not wasting my money on this route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

If i were you, send in a support ticket. The odds of them actually responding to this is low, because it feels as if they don't read the forums they've created. So you're better off making a ticket to them directly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Those are ATC signals like on the real route. They update your ATC device and act as real signals just without visible hardware at trackside.
    The big signals that are placed along the route more or less only act as backup in case the ATC fails. So it can actually be that you drive in through a signal an then end on the back of another train, your ATC is supposed to slow you down and then when you enter the already occupied block, it will give you a 15 blinking light which is driving on sight. That is done so you can drive up to a train standing on a platform without having to wait for him to complete his stop and clear the block for you.

5. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

Im going to run the service again and record whats happening.

6. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

Huh.... you know what? I just ran the service twice in a row and made it into jamaica without issue. I didnt do anything different than I did last night. I guess there was just something wrong with the way the service loaded and it bugged itself and just needed a restart. But ATC and all signals worked as they should. No overspeeds, ATC didnt drop itself out of nowhere to 15, and no crashing into the back of an AI train without ample warning.

Also, heres a video I took from the last run. Nothing notable happens, just some quality driving for everyone's enjoyment (apart from the accidental emergency application from holding D slightly too long)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There are some signal issues. However some people confuse not knowing how to use the signaling system with bugs.

8. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

Well thats not the case here. ATC at 80, last hard signal showed clear. Then roughly 3 miles away from Jamaica the ATC would fall from 80 to restricting. I put the train into emergency because theres obviously something really wrong and bam, I hit an AI at 25mph. Restarted the service and the same thing happened. 3 miles out from Jamaica, ATC clear at 80, last hard signal showed clear, then suddenly ATC falls to restricting, I immediately put it in emergency, followed by collision.

Anthony, if you were running Sandpatch at 45mph with a loaded coal train and passed 2 clear signals before coming up on a stop signal, how would you like it if I responded to your thread claiming you simply don't know how to use the signals?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

I did say that there are issues. I just know that some people are making it seem worse than it is because they don’t understand how the system works.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Anyway, do not criticize DTG, Anthony will always say it's perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

I didn’t say that it’s perfect. There are some issues. I think that people shouldn’t criticize something that they don’t understand though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I don't think Jeannot41 is criticizing the DLC as much as he's criticizing you.

13. Anthony Pecoraro

I wasn’t referring to Jeannot about that. I meant in general.

14. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

You're once again implying that I was doing something wrong. I'll recap for you once again. ATC displays [80]. Last signal I passed was Clear. Track speed is 80. I'm going 80. ATC drops to 15 without any warning, no signals, no previous speed change. Considering my experience operating passenger trains in the states, I knew something was seriously wrong for that to happen, I dump the air (emergency application). At this point, under an emergency application, theres nothing more for me to do than sit back. Then I slam into the back of an unlit train stopped on the tracks.

I ran the service again (using restart, not exiting the sim). Exact same thing happened. Clear signals. ATC is clear for 80. Track speed 80. Im operating at 80. ATC falls to restricting (15), I dump the air, hit standing unlit AI.

If you don't want to accept something could *possibly* be wrong with the simulation then I suggest you stop replying to this thread because I can promise you that I know more about train handling than you do. I didn't work for the MTA on the LIRR but, without saying too much, the trains were built by Bombardier with a similar system to ATC.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

There seems to be something wrong whenever the game gets an update/content addon the first time you start it.
    This time i had an emergency application whenever i used the ATC-Acknowledge lever. After rebooting the PC that bug was gone and has not shown since.

16. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

And on my first time on RSN, I couldn't control my train after going into the free camera (I was in Driver Mode). Strange.

17. Anthony Pecoraro

I never said that there weren’t problems.