I Like The Improved Accelerometer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rudolf, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

In addition of everything that has been said about Munich-Augsburg (my short summary: I like this route quite a lot, DTG did a good job), I just want to say I like the improved accelerometer. You can find it at the BR423, but I also saw it on the class 47 in WSR. What is changed is that it now shows a green colour when accelerating and a yellow colour when it is decelerating.

The good news it also works for the modded version, so if you combine the mod with the new DTG addition, I am really happy. It looks like this, when accelerating: Improved accelerometer.png

• Like Like x 8
  2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you've used a mod to get a straight line?

I agree the colours look good on that line, but with the circle is just looks a mess. Doesn't help at all.

DTG, please stop being stubborn and just make it a line again.

• Like Like x 12
  3. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Is this new accelerometer (the colored version that is) going to be applied to all the routes ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The colours should definitely be on all trains, it's really great, especially the little section, where it goes back to grey and you know you're nearly perfectly keeping the speed.

5. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

Can you please give me a link to the mod?

6. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

7. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

But that "update" is not the same as the new ball in the BR423. The BR423 accelerometer also is centered, does snap in at near 0, and uses a inverse-exponetial curve to drive the value. That last, in combination with the 3 colour changes, makes it so more usable than teh standard thing. Thats nothing that can be put in by default because that needs settings for the specific train to act properly. The BR423 for example uses a different range for the value.

8. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

However it should be standard. We shouldn't be making things even more complicated by having different accelerometers for different locos.

This should be on all of the locos, not just the 423...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The addition of colour is a massive improvement. You can immediately see if you are increasing, holding or losing speed. I hope it comes to all the routes in the game.

• Like Like x 5
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I wondered where it had gone, on NTP the other night. Actually quite useful looking through the older posts!

11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It is a kind of experiment. That's why I explicitly gave my support to it. If you all say you like it, they may eventually implement it at other engines as well.