I Love This Game But...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ben#4046, Jun 9, 2022.

1. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

My word there's a lot of issues and errors. I can barely play a session without issues. I've never known the likes of which in any other game. This is by far and away the most bug ridden game which is a real shame because it really is a great game when it works...

• Like Like x 4
  2. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. You´ll hone your suffering and workaround skills.

• Like Like x 6
  3. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Indeed. I have been doing my friend. Am used to it and have held off the urge till now to voice my opinion but I just felt as though perhaps if more people were to speak out perhaps there would be a shift in attitude from the devs about the value of a bit more quality control. I don't know maybe some issues are unavoidable due to the nature of the integrated dlc updates/systems and perhaps I'm being too much of and idealist I don't know? I know Dovetail are a relatively small team and they do do a fantastic job of creating this immersive sim. I just personally get really tired of constantly consistently coming across issues. Sorry to moan and all that but this is the best place to do that. On the flip side. I do absolutely love this game when it works.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Me too! But TSW2 is the prototype of an oxymoron in PS gaming. There´re some really astonishing details which were definitively made with love and care (Take the reflections in windows and cab sides, or the speed effects of rain on the ICE windshield). And then there´re some really cheap and obvious blowups which even my dog can spot in 2 minutes. Go figure!

But it is what it is ...

• Like Like x 4
  5. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Good description! Oxymoron...I like that. It is that! It's definitely unique in it's design approach. I'm guessing some of the design choices relate to fps limitations especially in Ps4 for example grass and ground/water detailing can be pretty lacklustre/low resolution. Thing is and I don't really understand this why are some details like you say exceptional by comparison? Because if it was truly related to hardware limitations why the inconsistency and also how do other developers achieve stunning environmental results in ps4...I guess it also must come down to financial hardware limitations on production. For example lighting in tunnels which is consistently inconsistent regardless of the system it's being played on

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2