Euro Fishing I Think I Lost Megladon..

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Dustin Hutchison, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Dustin Hutchison

Dustin Hutchison New Member

Hi, I been playing this game for a couple weeks. Think I am around lv15.. I caught some big fish, HULK being the biggest so far. It took me about 20 min real time to land him..

But last night using 25lb braid 10' carp rod & 20mm pop up tiger nuts I hooked a big one in Presa. A REALLY big one! And I literally fought it for about an hour and 20 min real time. It got it within 6 yards of shore at least 5 times. But it kept jerking when it got close and my drag would be half way up then spike, and kept peeling line off and my line eventually snapped.. BUMMER!

My question is, if I have the heaviest line already, do I need a different rod to land him? I took the 10' heavy carp rod cuz the lake is so small, but I used my 13' rod for Hulk and it wasn't near as hard to fight.. So curious if the rod made the difference there.. Thanks in advance for any help!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Just generally Megladon is hard to land once hooked - Used to be down to certain bugs in the game that made it impossible but now he/she is catchable given the right circumstances, a bit of luck, skill and the right tackle. The larger Cats in Pressa in tight areas do jolt about erratically which can cause sudden drag spikes but I do find the patterns of these jolts are fairly rhythmic which means you can prepare yourself for it once you work out the pattern. In terms of rods, they do have different actions and this might impact the fight time between hooking and landing a fish but to honest personally its negligible for me. I am pretty sure that all fish are catchable on any rod as long as the you have the appropriate line strength and of course the skill to play in a big fish without it breaking off. There are still some bugs that mean in certain circumstances fish like Megladon break off I think whatever you do - For example it can run so far to the dam and the line snaps because the game engine only recognises that you have a specific total length of line out - Used to be around 220 - 230 yards but they might have fixed that now - I play PS4 which could mean I have slightly different bugs as they tend to fix Xbox bugs first and then update PS4- Hope that helps !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dustin Hutchison

Dustin Hutchison New Member

ya thanks for the reply.. Any advice on the best rod/reel setup for the biggest fish? I assume the 25lb braid would be the best also? I am kind of drawn to hunting down the big ones.. But I don't think I would like to fight a fish again for over an hour on a game.. After the initial excitement of realizing it's a monster, gets pretty boring just holding the trigger for so long.. lol But I do like the game and any tips are appreciated!

4. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

25lb Braid, Big Pit Reel and a rod of 12ft + with a fast action is what I use. I have caught large boss fish across all the waters and to be honest Presa is the only one that has fish that takes that long to get in Ive found. Some of the large Cat's on St Johns ive had fairly long battles with but nothing approaching 45 mins plus. Again, hope that helps and happy to offer any advice.

• Like Like x 1