Ice 2 (br 402)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cadeshr6s, Nov 17, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. Maybe on sale

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. In this suggestion, I would like to bring the ICE 2 - my favourite ICE - a little closer to you as BR 402. I want to go into some technical details and tell you which routes it can currently be used in Train Sim World 2 and which routes it could be used in the future. I’d say let’s get started.

[​IMG]

ICE-2 half-train in Radbruch

Description:

The ICE 2 is the second series of Intercity Express multiple units operated by Deutsche Bahn. As planned, an ICE 2 multiple unit consists of a class 402 power unit, six class 805, 806 and 807 mid-range cars and a class 808 steering car. Two ICE-2 half-pulls can be assembled to form a single block by means of an automatic coupling. ICE 2 power heads are also used in ICE-1 sets. Due to their lengthy loading limits, the trains belong to the group of ICE A in addition to the ICE 1 and the Metropolitan trains.

The 44 multiple units were initially based at the ICE plant in Munich. On 1 June 2000, the trains were handed over to the Berlin-Rummelsburg railway depot.

Technical details:
    • Numbering: DB 402 001–046
    • Number: 44 multiple units, 2 spare power heads and 1 spare steering car
    • Manufacturer: “Working Group ICE 2” Siemens/Adtranz and others
    • Years of construction: 1994–1998
    • Length: 205.36 metres (drive head, 6 centre wagons and steering wagons)
    • Mass of service: 455 t (redesign train)
    • Maximum speed: 280 km/h
    • Continuous output: 4.800 kW
    • Approaching force: 200 kN
    • Number of traction engines: 4
    • Safety systems: Sifa, LZB with PZB 90
    • Type of coupling: Scharfenbergkupplung
    • Seats: 381 (after redesign)
    The ICE 2 has different top speeds depending on whether it is pushed or pulled by the powerhead and whether it is coupled to another ICE 2 and how the two are coupled.

Powerhead to powerhead:

• 200 km/h on high-speed lines
    • 160 km/h on all other routes.
    Steering car to Powerhead:
    • Powerhead ahead: 280 km/h
    • Steering car ahead: 250 km/h
    Layers:
    First of all, I would like to point out that in this list there are only routes where the ICE 2 currently runs. I will also mention KI ICE 2. Second, I will also include deployments and disconnections. It should also be noted that the lines are not always complete. All marked stations can be accessed in Train Sim World 2 and all italic stations are not present in the game.

ICE 1: (2 times a day in each direction)
    HamburgEssen – DuisburgDüsseldorfKöln

On the main line Hamburg – Lübeck (HHL) the ICE 2 could function as an AI train to give Hamburg’s very empty main station a little more life.

On the main line Rhine-Ruhr (HRR) the ICE 2 could run as AI traffic from Bochum (without stopping in Bochum) to Essen and from there it could be a playable service to Essen. The whole thing would then happen twice a day in each direction.

The ICE 2 does not operate directly on the high-speed train line Köln Aachen (SKA), but the ICE line 1 starts and ends in Cologne. There could therefore be an hourly deployment drive from the plant and an off-site drive to the plant.

ICE 10 (every hour):
    Berlin Ostbahnhof – Berlin Hbf – Berlin-Spandau – Stendal – Wolfsburg – Hannover – Bielefeld – Hamm (The train is separated here) -

• DortmundBochum – Essen – Duisburg Düsseldorf Flughafen – Düsseldorf
    • Hagen – WuppertalKöln
    On the main line Rhine-Ruhr (HRR) the ICE 2 could take over the hourly trains of ICE line 10 from Duisburg via Essen to Bochum and the same in another direction.

On the Rhine-Ruhr-East (RRO) route, ICE 2 could also take over the hourly trains of ICE Line 10 between Hagen and Wuppertal and the same in the other direction.

The ICE 2 does not operate directly on the high-speed train line Köln Aachen (SKA), but the ICE line 10 starts and ends in Cologne. There could therefore be an hourly deployment drive from the plant and an off-site drive to the plant.

ICE 25:

• (every hour) Hamburg
    • (every 2 hours) (Oldenburg (Oldb) –) Bremen –
    (Grouping of trains every 2 hours) Hannover – Göttingen – Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe – Fulda – Würzburg – Nürnberg – IngolstadtMünchen

On the main line Hamburg – Lübeck (HHL) the ICE 2 could function as an AI train too to give Hamburg’s very empty main station a little more life.

On the SKW the ICE 2 could run as the ICE 25 double tractioned from Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe via Fulda to Würzburg or reversed

On the main line Munich – Augsburg (HMA) the ICE 2 could be on the route as AI traffic. However, the player could also use the ICE line 25 for deployments and disconnections to the operating unit, similar to the SKA.

ICE 28 (just ICE 907):
    Hamburg-Altona – Hamburg Dammtor – Hamburg – Ludwigslust – Wittenberge – Berlin-Spandau – Berlin – Berlin Südkreuz

On the main line Hamburg – Lübeck (HHL) the ICE 2 could function as an AI train too to give Hamburg’s very empty main station a little more life.

In future I would like to see the ICE 2 on routes such as Cologne – Wuppertal, Düsseldorf – Duisburg, Dortmund – Bielefeld, etc. Dortmund – would be very interesting, because we could combine the ICE 2 into a double drive, but also split it into 2 single drives. It’s all happening in Hamm.

Conclusion:
    Thank you for reading. Now to the conclusion. Before I come to the conclusion, I would like to briefly note that I would be very happy if this train made it into the game, as this is my favorite ICE and I have a lot in common with it and I have therefore made a lot of effort for it to research this. I think the ICE 2 would be a very good train for Train Sim World 2, as it has a lot to offer and may even be detachable on future routes. In addition, this train can be used on many different routes and offer a lot of variety there.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Second Class
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit:
    10.8.2022 Added options for SKW

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 16
  2. cadeshr6s

If you want to I will do a suggestion for the ICE 1 too ^^

• Like Like x 6
  3. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

what about Munich?

4. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Nice bump mate

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You bumped a 6 month old post

6. jack travers

im new here what does that mean

7. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Its when you reply to thread that hasn't been replied to in a while.

8. cadeshr6s

The ICE 2 runs only from Ingolstad to Munich so there would be no real traffic for him

9. jack travers

Oh

10. cadeshr6s

After I saw the announcment of TSW 3 this train could be an perfect loco addon for Kassel - Würzburg

• Like Like x 2
  11. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

That's true I really want the ice 2

• Like Like x 1
  12. jack travers

Welp we got the 1

13. drnicktgm#1259

It is a great train, and it could be used to be a base for creating the ice 2 because they are very similar

• Like Like x 1
  14. cadeshr6s

Yeah and the ICE 2 runs coupled onm the railway if im right. And you get an other experience if you drive in the cab car. Also the ICE 2 feels different in driving cause he got less power than the ice 1. The ICE 2 is the ICE withe the slowest accelaration.

15. cadeshr6s

Yeah the wagons from the outside are pretty much similiar. The Inside ist a little different. The only external differences are the on-board bistro, which does not have a dome on the ICE 2, and the power car, which has a different shape at the front and has a Scharfenberg coupling. Inside, the driver's cab is a bit different and I think the ICE 1 only has retrofitted passenger information systems on the outside. The ICE 2 had this installed directly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. drnicktgm#1259

DTG JD how much rework on the ICE 1 would it be to create the ICE 2?

17. cadeshr6s

I think that would be a question for DTG Lukas or TrainSim-Matt

• Like Like x 1
  18. cadeshr6s

But I think it could be more work than you thin because you had to change the power car interior and exterior. You have to change the wagons interior (the seatings etc. are different) and exterior (You got PIS next to the doors which the ICE 1 does not have and also the numbers on the cars are differnt etc.). Than you need the steering car which is like a new loco, you need an update to the LZB because the speed is different in which direction the ice 2 is driving and how it is coupled etc.

So I guess its a lot of work to do.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Assume it's close to a build of a new train, with some potential shortcuts at best. It's amazing how different "very similar" trains are once you dig into the detail that we build now for TSW. E.g. the Class 166 and Class 165 are visually almost impossible to tell apart, but the actual list of differences is tremendous.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  20. cadeshr6s

So Like I said :) Hopefully we geht the ICE 2 in future

21. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Ice 4 BR 412 too because why tf not

• Like Like x 2
  22. cadeshr6s

And he would perfectly dir on SKW, RRO, HRR etc.

• Like Like x 2