PC Ices - Reduced User Experience (displays, Sound)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by nemexirus, Nov 14, 2020.

1. nemexirus

nemexirus New Member

On both 403 and 406, the displays in cab show constantly zero value. The right one as well as the left one. The only way to watch brake pipe and main reservoir (and no brake cylinder) pressure is the analog barometer on the far right panel. Additionally, the left display shows the same on ammeter. As I try to reduce HUD usage to minimum for the most real experience possible, this isn’t the best circumstance.

Both units have also unrealistic sounds in low speeds. They skip a whole octave when the traction converters continually raise frequency at around 8-15 kph. This does not happen in reality. Being a sound very characteristic for these units, it significantly reduces the user experience.

I had to return the MAG route due to these. I know there’s a lot of really fantastic work in it, but for 30€ I’d really like to find the immediate experience without these flaws. They’re details, but as they’re constantly in the player’s focus, they’re hard to ignore.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. nemexirus

nemexirus New Member

The problem still wasn't adressed, neither here, nor in the game. I include a sample (starting at 0:25) of the sound at least. Please do compare with the in-game sound, this is really something very different. A recreation of one of the European railway flagships shouldn't have such a major flaw. More so when even the sound is really characteristic for this very class.

The cab displays issue stayed with me even after switching computers. In case someone would only adress this when they know its specs, here are the important ones:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700
    GPU: AMD 5600XT (Asrock Phantom Gaming D3) with the latest drivers (21.2.1) and BIOS
    MB: MSI Z390-A Pro

Again. Please, do adress this. It's wasted potential for the model to be basically real...

EDIT: Wasted potential for perfection.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3