Bassmaster 2022 Icon Over Lure Following Cast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FLg8torGirl, Jul 9, 2022.

1. FLg8torGirl

FLg8torGirl New Member

I’m new to the game and struggling to find some info … First, I was hoping someone can explain the icon that shows over my lure just after I’ve casted, just as it hits the water. Usually, it looks like a lure?, however occasionally a number “3” or number “4” has appeared and once, a red “X” was displayed.
    Second, can anyone explain what the “expertise” level is for? Is there a benefit to increasing it and if so, how do I do this. I notice it on both the venues and for each fish. Thanks and happy fishing!

2. Bait Finesse System

Bait Finesse System New Member

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but I’ll reply anyway just in case any newer players may have the same question so it’ll save time for them.

3/4 - the number relates to the current reeling speed you’ve got your retrieval set to (this can be 1-5).

Red X - this means your lure is currently snagged or has landed on an area not under water just after casting.

Expertise - the exp gained for each fish and/or venue doesn’t really offer any additional benefits other than providing the player with the challenge of having landing each fish multiple time and each fish at least once for each venue. Those levels may give you an ‘achievement’ but again don’t go anyway into how you play the game.

I hope these helped clear up any questions some of you may have.