PlayStation Immersion/classic Controls Tutorial Problems Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dlangdale, Aug 25, 2020.

1. dlangdale

dlangdale Member

Ok so massive problem here, I'm on PS4 and the coal refueling tutorial on sand patch grade cannot be completed because of Immersion controls. So the scenario asks you to enter the "Engineers Screen" but unfortunately you can't on immersion controls, not only that but the classic controls are locked out! So even if you wanted to do a work around, you couldn't.
    Please this must be a simple fix, because I'm gonna go for the platinum trophy, but god I hope it's not like TSW 2020 where because of the "Car Collector" trophy it was never possible

• Like Like x 1
  2. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

I had the exact same problem. I agree, they do need to fix this soon. The way around this issue in the mean time is to make sure that the controller is set on "Immersion" from the main menu settings. Then, once you start the scenario or tutorial, pause the game, go to settings, and set the controller to "Classic". As long as the controller is set on "Immersion" before you start any scenario, you won't run into this problem again.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

The way around this issue in the mean time is to make sure that the controller is set on "Immersion" from the main menu settings. Then, once you start the scenario or tutorial, pause the game, go to settings, and set the controller to "Classic"

Why not let use make the choice of either Immersion or classic control and the start of the game and keep it that way through out your run. and not the scenario.

4. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Right, I agree. You did point out something that I forgot to add to that post. Once you start a Journey -- as long as you continue to the next mission -- you don't have to keep going back to the main menu to change the controller scheme, it will just stay on what you had previously set in on.

5. dlangdale

dlangdale Member

Ok thank you, will try that

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I thought this would be an issue based on the "preserved collection controls warning". You can just ignore it and set up for immersion controls via the settings, once in the preserved dlc.

7. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

Thanks for posting about this! I was really stumped on this one. I do recommend, if you're running PS4, pick up one of the wireless keyboards that plugs into the bottom of the controller.

8. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

Is it wireless if it has a plug?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

There are certain wireless devices that do not use the gaming platform's bluetooth receiver, but a separate receiver that must be plugged into a USB socket. Certainly a less than ideal solution.

10. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

The Sony Gold and Platinum headsets both use it's own Bluetooth dongle the exact same way.

11. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

Yes, the one I got is wireless. It uses a separate receiver that you plug into the PS4's USB port. The keyboard itself plugs into the bottom of the controller. Completely "wireless".