Immersion Controls For Scenarios On Preserved Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by steamfan, Nov 28, 2020.

1. steamfan

steamfan Member

I miss the immersion controls when redoing scenarios can you please add them to scenarios as well.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

While in the main menu (before starting the scenario), change your controls to classic. Then start the scenario. Once you‘re ingame, go to the settings in the pause menu and you can change the controls to immersion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Yes. I feel like the immersion controls are much better than the classic ones so I would also like to be able to use it during Scenarios without having to trick the game.

4. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

I find this really annoying and confusing too. The new controls are excellent, and I've now thoroughly learned them, so being forced to go back to the old control scheme just for the scenarios is a big bump in the road. I understand that the reason for this is that the guide narration mentions the names of specific buttons or controls, and it can't be re-recorded. But what's less irritating? Forcing players to use a completely different and puzzling control scheme just for the scenarios, or just dropping the voice narration entirely, for example? Or just take an hour and get someone to re-record the voice cues referencing the new controls? Natalie has a nice voice. She could even drop in helpful hints like "Oh dear, you missed the station altogether! Never mind! Move the reverser handle to the 'Reverse' position and set the throttle to 'Notch 1'. Now reverse gently back up to the platform."

I kid, I kid. But not about the control scheme switching; that's just weird.

5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll bite: what are "immersion controls"?

6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The new control scheme for TSW 2.