1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improved Progress Stats

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions & Proposals' started by Factor41, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I've mentioned this before in a previous thread, but thought I'd expand on it a bit more. I'd really like to see a more detailed in-game stats page where you can get a really simple at-a-glance view of your progress in the game. The current stats page on the DTLive website is a start, but after even a short amount of play in various routes, only having five real stats and Other becomes fairly useless. The way it seems to be pulling these stats is weird too, and doesn't tally up with what's happening in-game as a result of it not being retroactive, and not picking up all activities with the Mastery feature being broken.

Here's what we have currently...
    Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 22.55.08.png

If the stats were all correct, the general numbers panel would be quite useful, but could include other metrics, like total miles covered, miles walked, etc. The jobs panel could definitely be improved - I'd like to see a 100% normalised bar chart, with a cluster of bars or stacked bars for each route, broken down by job type so you can see at a glance your progress through each route's jobs.

For the train use data, even a very simple data set, recording train mileage on each route, would easily allow a much broader view of the locos and routes you play the most in the game, and how far you've travelled on each of them. I assume this data is already being stored in game as a way to track trophy and mastery progress, but given that both seem a little inconsistent in their operation, I could be wrong!

Simple data set using my current game data, with a unique colour allocated to each route...
    Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 22.58.49.png

The type of output I'd like to see to replace the "Most Popular..." panels in game. The allocated colours would allow you to see where you've spent most time with the locos which can be used on multiple routes, eg the DB BR 182 which I've used on all of the German routes....
    Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 22.53.19.png

Is this something that other people would like to see and find useful?

N.B. I've only recently picked up Peninsula Corridor which is why stats are quite low. I don't have CSX, ECW or TVL.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1