In Cab Visual Deterioration (series X - Post Patch)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pinxtonpaws, Aug 19, 2021.

1. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Best option is to removed the DX12 like PC Players told
    Matt told yesterday about some options and he want test this on his Series X

2. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

They're exactly the same thing, people are just describing it differently.

The other type of flickering where (for want of a better description) external shadows/lighting give an instant on/off effect or dance around in the cab instead of smoothly transitioning aren't - or shouldn't be - what gamers are discussing.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

No the cab completely desyncing and switching to low resolution isn't the same as the texture flickering being described by people in the thread.

4. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Both is still present always.
    And Matt is working and testing

• Like Like x 1
  5. sVig

sVig Member

Tried the LGV again which was the first thing I played after the series X update and the texture bug was there then didn't play it again and thankfully that seems fixed. There is the flickering still going on outside the cab. Especially the weird thing going on around the loco wheels. Maybe it's just me but the weird flickering around the wheels doesn't actually seem quite as bad though.

6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Ah i see. I don't have Boston Sprinter but hopefully dtg will release a full patch to fix the issue. On the class 395 for me the texture issue was not as frequent. It would pop in from time to time but it was rare enough for me to actually enjoy playing the route again after 2 months of not playing

7. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I've added the flickering texture on the ACS-64 to one of the dev's worklist so that will get looked at.

I've also repro'd a *very* occasional glitch of the graphics on LGV at high speed back to low detail that lasts a moment and restores. I've pass this info on to the engineers to ensure this ticket is not marked as closed, but at the moment now the priority is on the crashes and performance problems particularly now that this one doesnt happen very often and seems to always recover properly rather than getting stuck as it used to.

Not forgotten however, as I say, it's back on their queue to re-evaluate.

Matt.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

i had these same troubles with some services on GWE Diesel Legends

9. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

The continued flickering of text and buttons in a variety of cabs is still frustrating. The fact than this only occurs in a few places in some of the cabs must help with diagnosis. I.e. why is some text ok whilst others not. On GWR it’s only the train number that flickers and all else is fine. On Boston sprinter the signal panel on the ACS64 is OK sometimes whilst at others the whole thing flickers and fades in and out. Along with sound these graphical issues that were only introduced at the last update really break the immersion.

10. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

There was cab textures dropping to ultra low res and not properly recovering. Which they have (mostly) fixed (looking at you, destination boards).

There was the thing where poorly overlapping textures flicker, like on several dials and switches. This is still an issue. It's been the bane of games since the advent of 3D art, but it is fixable. It just means two textures are occupying the same plane and the game's trying to render them both, resulting in random corners of one overlapping the other, sometimes switching between them several times per second.

Then there is the thing where entire objects in the cab seem to "dance" relative to each other. Which is pretty distracting, but not on the same level of obvious glitch as those. Sure, it cannot be unseen once you have noticed it but it does not completely and immediately break immersion by reminding you this is a glitchy videogame like the other two. It's more akin to how objects in the room appear to "melt" or "breathe" when you're on hallucinogens.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022