Incorrect Mapping On Xbox Controller On Pc - Throttle And Brakes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rogge, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Rogge

Rogge Member

In the cab of the locos in the Ruhr-Sieg route the throttle is located to the left in the cab and the brakes are located to the right in the cab. When driving with a PC keyboard the throttle is located to the left (A+D) and the brakes are located to the right, in my case Ä+Ö and ,+..

However, when i use my Xbox controller on my PC the throttle is mapped to the RB and RT buttons and the brakes are mapped to LB and LT buttons. (RB/RT=to the Right, LB/LT=to the Left.) This makes no sense, to have the throttle mapped to the right buttons rather than the left buttons and the brakes mapped to the left buttons rather than the right buttons.

In TS2018 the buttons are mapped correctly on the same Xbox controller, iow throttle to the left and brakes to the right.
    • Why this odd and confusing logic in TSW?
    • Why does not TS2018 and TSW the same logic when the come from the same developer?
    • Is there a convinent way to remap the RB/RT and LB/LT buttons?
    • If DTG reads this, please respond and describe why you choosed this odd logic for TSW.
    This is the Xbox controller i use: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/xbox-black-wireless-controller

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  2. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I have already raised this problem.
    In virtually all TSW DLCs, the brakes are on the right and the engine control on the left.
    We will be lucky if DTG answers.

3. Rogge

Rogge Member

I did test the Microsoft app to switch buttons but i never got it to work. However, i tested reWASD and got it to work! :)

The feature to re-map buttons is disabled in the trial version so i bought the license to unlock it and it worked as a charm. So now i have the throttle on the right and the brakes to the left. It seems that reWASD can save profiles for individual apps so one can avoid to fiddle with it´s settings when going from TSW to TS2018 or vice versa. Well worth it after several years with TS2018. Those command have become hard wired during the years... (https://www.rewasd.com)

But, this should be corrected in TSW or at least give the end user the ability to remap commands in game.

This is how i remapped the keys on my controller:
    [​IMG]

4. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

It is mapped that way because most of the driving/racing games nowadays use right for acceleration and left for brakes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

As Sintbert has said, this choice of layout is entirely about consistency with other games (that the average console player will be used to), and I bet if the layout changed to be 'more accurate' with each train you would see a lot more complaints than the couple I’ve seen about the way it is now.

I honestly don’t really get what the big deal is either. It’s not like the controller or keyboard replicates the train control stand in any way at all (seriously, you are using buttons to control levers...come on) yet you are harping on about which side you use? If you want your controller to replicate the real thing, ask for raildriver support.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

i don't bother with controller i use keyboard