Installed Ts2019 On New Pc, Game Is Just A Black Screen.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StratPlayer62, Oct 26, 2018.

1. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I just bought a new laptop ( I know it isn't supported on a laptop but I still wanted to install it ) Steam installed just fine and I downloaded TS2019, however when I start the game all I get is a black screen, Steam shows the game is running but obviously I can't do anything.

Any suggestions?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the prerequisites installed which are separate from steam and the game itself

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I can't speak from experience but this does crop up on the Steam forums now and then and the usual solution is to ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. It would be worth posting this question there (with your systems spec's or you will be asked) just to get more minds on the problem.

Oh yes- what are your systems spec's?

4. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I missed your reply asking for my specs.

i7-8550 12GB Ram, SSD, Win 10 Home.

Good news is after a major windows update the game works! Game is playable with the graphics setting on low, and dynamic lighting on, which is about what I expected for a laptop not made for gaming.

5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Joyous news. As someone else who has to compromise on the graphics I found the thing to do was to start with everything low, nudge settings up and see what effect any change had on appearance and performance and what I could do without. YMMV but personally I don't like scenery popping into existence in the middle distance or having bridges and other buildings missing so I have the distance and density turned up and live without antialiasing and other niceties.