Interactive Locked Out

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dracimus, May 2, 2020.

1. Dracimus

Dracimus New Member

that is consider a bug period.. reason; in real life. they don't lock the controls while introduction or training. puzzled why you labeled this game as "Simulator", that shouldn't lock the control during introduction/Traning session. SAFETY FIRST!!. NEVER LOCK OUT THE locomotive CONTROLS!

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Have you been on driver training in the simulations they use?
    I am sure that the beginners simulations have all sorts of things that are not needed (and therefore likely not simulated as well as in later sessions)

3. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

It's locked to prevent new players from randomly pressing buttons and disabling the train when they have no idea how to use it. The intro just shows you the train. Once you get past that, you'll have access to whatever isn't normally locked.

4. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

1. Please don't jump and question why it is a simulator, It's a simulator for a reason. It's supposed to simulate train operation or being a T/O
    2. As stated by MillerPC above, The introduction has features locked he said "It's locked to prevent new players from randomly pressing buttons and disabling the train when they have no idea how to use it". It would not be a helpful introduction if it allowed everyone to just fiddle around and break the trains while your trying to learn how to drive them. However it is buggy sometimes.
    3. Even though it is a simulation it is still classified as a videogame, Just to remind you
    ~I'm sorry if this reply sounds a bit harsh but I'm stating why and explaining to the best that I can in the moment. Have a great day lads.

5. ARuscoe

Train companies use simulators themselves to train and upskill their drivers

6. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I know lad however depending on how you perceive TSW 2020 it can be a videogame or a actual simulation. That's how my cousin and me was tested for NYC subway service, through a digital simulation.

7. ARuscoe

Yeah, and many people expect it to be one and when they don't like it chuck it in the other...