PlayStation Intro Video And Homescreen

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Quickey, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Quickey

Quickey New Member

Everytime when i start the game i can't skip the intro video, i'm forced to watch it
    But that's not the most annoying part

when i get to the homescreen where you see "press any button to advance"
    no matter which button i press, it won't progress.
    I have to keep trying pressing buttons and after some time it goes to the next screen where i can select my route. Worst case i have to try up to 5 minutes
    I already tried re-installing but that didn't solve it

Any advice?

2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Takes me about 20 button presses to skip the video on the "press any button to advance".

(Slight over exaggerated, maybe about 10 presses)

3. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I see a lot of people complain about this problem. I seem to be one of the lucky few that doesn't have this often. Now, when the starting screens come on, I don't immediately start bashing buttons on the same millisecond. I give it one or two seconds, and then push any button, and most of the time it works without problem.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Same. It’s so annoying. Sometimes it responds as it’s supposed too, other times I think it’s not going to let me in at all. I’ve had to press the buttons dozens of times on occasion to get in.

5. BigH

BigH Active Member

Same here. Not super responsive but it works ok.

Maybe it has to do with being logged in and the available internet speed. When i disconnect my PS4 from the internet, it takes one button press on each screen.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This has been getting slower and slower for me as time goes on. Skipping the intro sometimes takes a second click now and after that, the wait is getting longer and longer each time on the following pages. It’ll be down to whatever the game is downloading from the internet most likely, loading screens and the like, and that’s probably getting slower due to reasons unknown to us. There’s still a banner for the 1st September roadmap article on the ‘don’t do this on the real railway’ warning page with a cryptic 1Jan1 in the corner of the banner. Don’t know what that’s all about.