Is The Br155 Supposed To Be This Quiet?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I remember it a lot more noisy in TSW1, but perhaps memory is failing me. Sounds like a lightrail cabcar vehicle.

• Like Like x 2
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Something is wrong - copy that. Open left window :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. dark-rabbit

dark-rabbit New Member

did you turn on the motor fan control ?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Actually, the cab volume on RSN in general is by far more quiet then it used to be in TSW 2020 which is kind ofannoying especially for the BR 143 and the BR 155 because they used to be loud because they dont have a very good noise isolation.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

There is a general sound reduction across all the preserved collection DLC's IMO. You are correct that the 155 is very quiet compared to previously where now the loudest thing you hear is it running over the track joints. I have messed about with the sound settings in game to try and improve it but there is nothing I could do

• Like Like x 5
  6. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I heard somewhere they equalled the equalizer stuff and something like that and that they need to readjust this stuff so I hope they will do so.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

They are very noisy and full of base exterior wise. Real presence.

8. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I'll echo the previous comments that the sounds on the preserved content have significantly deteriorated.

Playing Peninsula Corridor, and it sounds like you're in a modern EMU as opposed to this massive diesel locomotive.

• Like Like x 3
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Opening the left window adds some extra sounds to the mix. I have never had to turn my TV volume up so much when playing TSW as I did when I tried out the 155 on TSW2. In TSW2020 there wasn’t really any difference between the interior and exterior sound and it was loud and awesome inside the cab, with a great mix, and I often had to turn my volume down. It’s a bit lacking now in comparison, but all the preserved collection sounds so far have been a bit disappointing or broken. Dev team without the time to complete their work would be my guess.

I can see myself playing a lot of the original routes back in TSW2020 to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I get what youre saying. It would be nice and convenient for us and in real life if the locos thrashed in and out of the cab, but they dont. Especially an electric loco. Set a free cam up and wait for a passing 155 on freight at full power to pass. It has real presence when it passes now. Inside the cab should be a different experience, otherwise the Driver would require ear plugs. That said the GWE 166 is too quiet. I wouldnt say that was accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Outside, the sound is superb, true. But not inside. Realistic or not - sounds broken for me :)

12. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Imagine if the turbo gets even quieter than from TSW 2020...

13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Not a 155 but a sense of the cab sound

• Like Like x 1
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

1. Cool video!
    2. Something's up! Yep
    3. Still, Preserved content' sound is too far from the 'core' TSW 2 quality level - my opinion :D

15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

So from this video the sound inside an electric loco’s cab has always been too loud in TSW2020 and now it’s more realistic in TSW2. But does that include when both your windows are open? It still seems too quiet to me. It’s all a bit weird everything being different.

16. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I think the biggest improvement to in cab sounds. Is cutting out the trailing load, but keeping the creaking of the loco chasis.

17. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I found a cab ride (führerstandsmitfahrt) of the BR155 on youtube:

Go to 5:55 in the video so you can hear the PZB tone to get a sense of the relative volume difference between that tone and the ambient sound in the cab and compare it to TSW2. I do think it is a bit too quiet. I don't have TSW1 installed at the moment but it seems like this quiet cab is a new thing to TSW2?

• Like Like x 1
  18. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

It definitely is. BR 155 in cab sounds are louder in TSW2020, so I believe this here is a bug. And it's not only this loco, the EMD F40PH-2CAT from Peninsula Corridor is also too quiet in the cab.
    On a personal note: I'm actually a little bummed that the quality of some Preserved routes has dropped compared to TSW2020. I was planning to gradually uninstall these routes and ultimately just have NEC with TSW2020, but now I think I'm just going to play these on TSW2020 instead.

• Like Like x 3
  19. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I tried 155 and 143 today on RSN, can agree with OP it's less loud (ini soundmeter tweak is applied), the 143 is almost shocking silent!

20. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Please be careful DTG if you address this issue, the sound in cab is a little too quiet, but we dont want a return to tsw2020 where the ambient occlusion lets the wagons rattle through the cab. The exterior sounds are spot on at the moment.

• Like Like x 4
  21. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Agreed. The sound occlusion is the right model/step in the right direction, the interior sound level + run sounds just needs to be increased.

• Like Like x 1