PC Isle Of Wight Hud Different From Other Routes

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by TripleJ814, Oct 16, 2020.

1. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

The HUD on the Isle of Wight route is different from the HUD on different routes. the Alerter symbol and brake cylinder gauges on the HUD are switched on the Isle of Wight and it looks weird. Not sure if its intended but it should be changed.

Here's IoW: https://prnt.sc/v0akxb

and here's the other routes (Koln route used in this case): https://prnt.sc/v0alib

Definitely not a huge issue but thought to point it out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Well spotted. This should be fiexed.

There is another issue with the HUD. The throttle position is not readable, because it tries to put text in a seven segment display style. I recommend to change this using numbers (as is done for Bakerloo Line) or change the font to something decent (which I recommend).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well IoW doesn't use safety system, which leaves free space on the right, which is I suppose the reason the brake gauges got moved to the right. I think it's more of a design choice than a problem, and I think it's alright.

Though I play it without a HUD so I'm not bothered anyway. Fortunately IoW is easy to drive on without HUD.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I agree that the throttle is really hard to read. Why they've decided to use letters is beyond me. It just makes it really hard to read, and makes it very messy.

Just because a space is blank, doesn't give a reason to move the gauges and break any consistency between DLCs. All it does is make the game even more inaccessible to new players, as the hud keeps changing...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The HUD is different, but not in such a way that you have to relearn everything.

6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Like anyone actually watches the brake pressure gauges, lol. Especialy new players.

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I use them frequently to check the amount of braking. And I definitely am a a fan of consistency in the user interface, it just makes it easer. This is a beginners error, but it should be corrected. It cannot be a very big issue to do it right.

8. Glazier

Glazier Member

I can complain for hours how they went from good HUD in TSW to "meh, ok" in TSW 2 (because CONSOLES) but the HUD in IOW is just terrible.
    Well, we know that there is no interface designer in DTG so it is expected...

• Like Like x 1
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I actually prefer the IoW HUD... it's odd the 2 seven segment but I guess S, FP and FS is readable and is easy to see in which position the master controller is anyway

I usually drive Hudless as well but IoW is the only exception how do you know how fast are you, do you keep watching down all the time?... but I guess once you learn it becomes much easier.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020