PlayStation Isle Of Wight Price

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Sep 30, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    52.5%
  1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

£19.99

Confirmed by Rivet Games on Twitter.
    Will you buy it at that price?

I’ll be buying it for sure!

• Like Like x 3
  2. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

Thats a really good price for an absolutely stunning route! I will definitely look into buying it.
    Edit: Spelling

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Looks like a standard price for a route add-on in my country :) I think that's good!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I’m more interested in performance than price

• Like Like x 5
  5. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

£19.99 is a bit too steep for me, given the route is only 8 miles.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it's release

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Post edited to delete wrong info... :D oops...

This is the right price for me so no need to wait for a sale for this one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

This was my personal preferred price point and I am absolutely happy it being confirmed now, will by day 1 for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  9. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I will admit I am pretty disappointed at the price, but I'll wait for reviews first before I think about buying it.

• Like Like x 4
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

What price would you be happy with, considering loco DLC is £14.99* and this is a route for £19.99?

*Edit - loco DLC is £11.99, I was having a senior moment.

• Like Like x 4
  11. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

As loco DLC £11.99 (or is it £11.49?), I'd put it at £14.99.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Yep I will be buying day one.

Now just need to know when day one is

• Like Like x 1
  13. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I honestly think I will have to see the stream to know if it's worth it. I know nothing about the route apart from what has been said on the forums recently

• Like Like x 8
  14. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I'll definitely be buying it. They have clearly taken the route length into consideration as it's 5 quid less than an ordinary route, so same price as WSR. I'm happy to pay £20 as I'm sure I'll get lots of enjoyment out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

If they ever fix Cement Circle on 2020 I’ll buy it with my purchase of TSW2 haha!

• Like Like x 4
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, my mistake, making locos more expensive than they are in my head.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

Like TinTin said i'll watch the stream and go from there. Sales on routes usually take forever so i'll probably get it day one if it looks good however at that price point for such a small route, everything better be perfect.

• Like Like x 4
  18. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

It's kinda weird for the Route to cost the same amount as the actual game (depending on if you got the loyalty discount) especially for only 8 miles. I think we need to see actual gameplay in order to decide if the price is justified.

• Like Like x 4
  19. mclitke

Just read it will be 24,99 in € which is a bit rough, for some reason I believed 19,99 pounds would be the same in euro. I will watch the reveal stream and if it looks enticing, I will give Rivet the benefit of the doubt and go for it right at release.

• Like Like x 2
  20. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

For this price I want irreproachable quality and no bugs because for the same price I had the WSR and two locomotives !!!
    Be careful not to see too "big" MR Rivet game

• Like Like x 5
  21. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Like all the other TSW stuff i don't care the price and will buy it as soon i can click "Add to cart". ;)

• Like Like x 3
  22. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I know, haha :) I had to quit smoking because of DTG...

• Like Like x 5
  23. BlkTedRock

BlkTedRock New Member

My thoughts is after we paid I believe $49.00 for the digital DELUXE EDITION of Train Sim World 2 from Playstation, Isle of Wright should be included. Wonder what other DLC will be released an at what cost? If we didn’t own the preserved edition of Train Sim World 2000, wasn’t transferred over to Train Sim World 2 many wouldn’t invest in the new game Train Sim World 2. I’ll be looking to see if this game an all the DLC is transferable to PlayStation 5 as I won’t be buying it again as I own the digital version. I like the game with the idea of having the ability to drive trains.

An Train Sim World 2 has problems when you instructed to press any key to start the game you have to press it multiple time fo 30 seconds twice for the loading to start. The loading time for Train Sim World 2000 is faster then the loading time of Train Sim World 2 and there hasn’t been a fix yet on consoles.

The characters you can choose from as your train engineer in Train Sim World 2 is the same as in Train Sim World 2000, there clothing and attire has not changed a bit. The mans clothing attire looks better then the women clothing attire.

• Like Like x 2
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Isle of Wight is made by a different company. Also you couldn’t include a route that hadn’t been made at the time in a bundle, not without a time machine.

• Like Like x 2
  25. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

25 EUR is a tad too high imo, I'll be waiting untill it's reduced to something between 15 and 20 EUR. Then I'll snap it up

26. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

If I really wanted it the price wouldn't put me off. But I was surprised how uninteresting I found the Bakerloo line so I'm skeptical about routes that are not heavy rail with a decent length and line speeds. I'll check the streams/reviews and decide but more likely I'll spend the money on WSR when it releases as preserved collection.

• Like Like x 3
  27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I totally get that. It’s a different kind of route. Just length and speed aren’t enough sometimes though. Last night I did a freight run on Köln-Aachen, a route with a decent length and line speed and it was thoroughly uninteresting. Freight runs on RSN for example are much more interesting due to the twisty route, the amount of interesting scenery and the constantly changing line speeds. SKA is top speed all the way for freight and there isn’t really anything interesting to see along the route, just trees and the toblerone bridge. For half the route there isn’t even so much as a bend. As a player experience it was completely flat for me. What I’m saying is there isn’t just one aspect of a route that makes it interesting to play and therefore worth the money. SKA has the ICE as well, which is a better experience than the freight.

For a lot of people just the vintage train, the pier and the quaintness of Isle of Wight won’t be enough for them to get enjoyment from it. For you the Bakerloo wasn’t interesting, for me the underground section is a blast every time I play. We all like different things. So yes, the price isn’t really an issue if you really want the route. And I really want it.

• Like Like x 4
  28. mclitke

That is a really good comparison with RSN. I too really like freight runs there with the turns and tunnels. And Bakerloo to me is great fun, the underground section more than the above ground.
    The picture of the IOW stock on the pier is great and I already like the idea of driving over a wooden pier into a station above the sea.
    As I don't know the route at all I will be looking for these kinds of unique features and scenery, and as mentioned in another thread, this alone might convince me to get the route at release.
    With a bit of luck we can get a pre release stream next week, so we get a better impression.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Horses for courses. If you’re not sure, wait for gameplay footage, of which I’m sure there’ll be plenty and then make your mind up. I think it’s a nice little route with quite a bit of diversity in terms of scenery. Sea views, towns, countryside. It’s a nice mix.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i think ill be waiting to watch the stream on this before 9 think about buying this. it seems too steep a price for an 8 mile route for me and just one underground train. i probably will eventually but it even if i dont buy it on release day. id be waiting for it to go into the sales.

• Like Like x 1
  31. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

The fact that they have priced the route at $25 shows they are understanding that it’s a shorter route. That being said we get the Isle of Wight route, the loco. Plus we get to use the route and locomotive in the scenario planner which adds a lot of other options.

32. mclitke

While I agree, the ability to use the train in the scenario planner can not be a selling argument as it is a basic feature of Tsw2 in my eyes.

33. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Although the scenario planner is a feature that came with TSW2, it doesn’t change the fact that buying this route will open up those options for us, so I believe that should be considered at part of the value.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

25 euros? So it's more expensive than West Somerset Railway, which is longer and has more rolling stock. That's a bit odd.

• Like Like x 2
  35. mclitke

We will see. Actually 22,99€ like WSR would make more sense considering the exchange rate goes into that direction as well.

36. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

I would pay 69,99€ for a quality full game and 39,99€ for a quality DLC. Price is not a problem to me. The only concern, talking about DTG products, is quality...

• Like Like x 2
  37. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

That’s the thing, I would definitely pay $30-$40 for a HIGH QUALITY route from DTG. Would I currently play that much? No. Because DTG’s Route ALWAYS release with some stupid bug that prevents the completion of something, or no sound, or safety systems not working properly. I think most railfans can agree that DTG’s route quality isn’t always the best, so right now, I’m waiting for gameplay to decide if the Isle Of Wight is worth the price. It probably is, being that it’s made by Rivet, it looks like Rivet is currently taking the time to iron out the bugs in the route. Hopefully Rivet can deliver well. Maybe it could show DTG that Rivet should make the routes and DTG focus on features.