Issues With Controls And Camera

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by naturalhighNZ, Mar 10, 2018.

1. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

Quote enjoying the game so far but a few issues over encountered.

1) if I access the map the game wont let me then use any can controls with the sticks. Instead of adjusting whatever control I am hovering over all I can adjust is the reverser. This is fixed by exiting and reloading.

2) the camera controls don't work. I can't rotate or move any of the cameras. And am I supposed to be able to stick my head out of the cab window to look down the train for example (when moving freight) - because I cant.?

This made the freight scenario really difficult.

2. Markerson

Markerson Member

I haven't come across the first issue but your camera issue can be remedied by pressing the Y button after selecting the camera (I know this works in free camera not sure on the others) to go into drone mode and then use the sticks to move.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Weaponz248

Weaponz248 New Member

I have the same issue. Had to save a reload numerous times. I could look around via the right stick but the left stick did nothing.

4. mosko war

mosko war Member

well I could not even get out of the cabin I do not know how to put the camera free someone could explain it to me

5. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

I'll try pressing y. But as others have said once accessing the map it completely disables the sticks for anything but movement and the reverser.

6. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

naturalhighNZ:

You may have already discovered this but you can use one of the preset camera views to look out the left or right window on the Class 66:

Press the right stick when you're in the driver's seat to bring up the camera views.
    Select 'Internal Cameras'.
    Select 'More'
    Select 'Headout Left'

• Like Like x 1
  7. MinglyWingly

MinglyWingly New Member

I have the same issues with the controls not working. When selecting the relevant control and moving the analogue stick the only thing that changes is the Reverser.

But as mentioned you have to save and reload game. This a appears to remedy the issue although there has been times where I've had to do this several times per scenario

8. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

As I see, free camera movement doesn't work in TSW anymore. Pressing the Y key while in "8th camera" mode takes no use - I'm still manipulating with the loco's controls, not free camera.

Also, there's a technical bug in Settings section - keys binded to Camera movement, cannot be modified. Any keystroke made there cannot be saved.

9. dancomart#3014

dancomart#3014 Active Member

Every time when I play the game and enter a route, the camera view in the passenger and driver cab won't move..