Fishing Sim World January Update Out Now

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG_Stephen, Jan 10, 2019.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Our next update for Fishing Sim World, ‘The January Update’ is now available across all platforms. Full notes are below;
    • Reduced the duration at the start and end of reeling to make it feel more responsive
    • When loading into a lake the map won't be blurry anymore for the first couple seconds
    • Players will now have one, 1 hour attempt for lakes they don't own in live events
    • Added in sounds for boat collision
    • Increased the variables in AI anglers scores based on their skill level so AI positions in leaderboards are more random
    • Localised text improvements
    • Added ability to delete a tackle box when editing your own ones
    • Fixed line physics when casting long distances
    • Fixed issue where lure would still create splashes on the surface even when a fish is on it
    • Fixed issue where fish won't be netted if using a long rod by increasing the netting distance
    • Fixed clothing customisation not correctly applied in the shop
    The update following on from ‘The January Update’ is well underway and current highlights for this are as follows;
    o Added mechanism to allow fish to leap. Bass behaviour is set up so that it can now leap out of water. Bass diving behaviour has now been rebalanced to work with leaping.
    o Improved line tension behaviour when fighting bass
    o Improved collision issues with boats in particular being able to steer the boat when applying throttle when stuck
    o Boat glides to a stop when turning rather than immediately stopping when switching from trolling to fishing
    o Fixed characters being able to enter a boat when fishing from a jetty
    o Ensured the sound of striking into a fish is heard correctly when bass fishing
    o Improved ambient audio
    o Ensured you cannot interact with other people’s line on a boat in multiplayer
    o Localisation improvements

2. J Teeps

J Teeps Member

From the Xbox side of things, I would love to see a total time played stat.

3. Barred

Barred New Member

I would love to see rod do as the description says. For example none of the spinning rods at 10 or 12 feet will allow lures to be used, just like bait casters.

Please fix on the PS4 as I do not know about the other formats.

4. nightwolf9496

nightwolf9496 Member

Devs us lakes need catfish musky trout etc

5. nightwolf9496

nightwolf9496 Member

When is another lake coming

6. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Any chance of getting the Zander fixed on the Polish lake? Near impossible to catch as it stands.

7. Charis

Charis New Member

• When loading into a lake the map won't be blurry anymore for the first couple seconds
    On my PS4 the map still gets blurry even after I deleted the game, then downloaded and installed it fresh.
    No big deal but I just wanted you to know.

8. nightwolf9496

nightwolf9496 Member

On the ps4 when I fish lake aronld I didn't get any tp

9. nightwolf9496

nightwolf9496 Member

Well I fish today on the game I gotta say the more I play the more I like it and I watch the stream and they said they are putting US catfish on the game and muskie and as for us catfish I like to see channel and blue and flathead catfish on there please and I know u guys are working on US LIVE BAITS that would be kool thanks

10. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Think they're working on dead baits but I wouldn't get your hopes up for live baits as they've said several times that goes against Dovetails principles,which I have to say I agree with.Never been a fan of live baiting in all the years I've been fishing.

11. nightwolf9496

nightwolf9496 Member

I would like to see cut baits though