Just Don’t Have A Swear Filter On Livery Names.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Oct 3, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I’m trying to name a Livery “Class 40 Blu Large Logo” but I am not allowed to because of Class having some Buttox on the end so please just remove the swear word filter you have on Livery names, it just feels stupid

• Like Like x 5
  2. Passarino

Passarino Member

Yeah, it's really odd. My middle name is Passarino, and I prefer to use it for usernames/game names and I couldn't because it "contained profanity"

3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I just find it really annoying and it always filters out the wrong words. However I imagine it will come in handy when livery designer 2 is released

4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

What even is the point of it when there isn't any way for them to go public? Seems a bit daft to me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Maybe it was put in there in preparation? If memory serves, I think livery and especially scenario sharing are being discussed for their respective 2.0 versions.

6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I do think you're correct, however I still find it odd they decided to do it so far in advance. But I do see the thinking behind it.

7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Seems a little odd, true. My best guess is that it revolves around already made liveries/scenarios. Presuming scenarios and liveries made now will also be shareable when the time comes, these could already have undesired terms in them without a filter implemented from the get go. It‘s probably all just to streamline the process when sharing does arrive.

8. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

That would have required a lot of foresight. Not sure that’s a characteristic dtg are deeply known for to be totally honest.