Latest Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daytona, Sep 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. It wasn't anything to do with my post!

I was quoting "390001" who claims that I am building a highly detailed route plus stock for it! So, I said which route is he referring to. IT had nothing to do with the Shanghai Maglev route.

By the way, for the user who stated about why the Shanghai Maglev route isn't part of the Chinese sale Quote: It was apart of the Union Workshop sale! It's funny because the Guiguang HSR route is also a Union Workshop route hmm!!! Chinese means 'CHINESE' not excluding the Shanghai Maglev route

I'm NOT the only one who thinks the route is garbage either! Have you checked how much negative feedback the route has?? I will be fair to say, I was disappointed. Not because of the scenery of the route "Heck, I don't care about that"! I got disappointed because there seems to be no enjoyment in the route, barely any traffic in the scenarios either.. I stated it should be made freeware because the route is too short. Surely, I'm not the only one who has a negative opinion on the Shanghai Meglev route!! Or perhaps the price should be reduced...

2. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

May i remind you that someone has created that route as a project and clearly spent alot of time to do it with custom assets etc etc All that takes time. Typing "it is garbage" multiple times is just plain and simply rude!!

How would you like it if me or anyone were to sit there and criticse your work in that tone you seem so fond of doing on here. Show a bit of respect towards others who actualyl TRY and give us content to enjoy in the sim. if you dont like it fine your not forced to but take the attitude elsewhere.

Perhaps this sim is not for you after all it was only recently you told us all you had enough of this sim yet you still come here to troll https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/ive-had-enough-of-this-game.70662/

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  3. I only said 'garbage' once! Not multiple times. Barely a TRY. Union Workshop did work hard on the route, but as I SAID I'm not the only one who HATES it!! Check out Steam and read all the negative comments..

4. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

yeah because steam reviews are gospel arnt they. Can i see some of your work please seeing as you can sit and insult other developers. Would love to see the high standards you create content to.

5. Not sure where exactly why you ASSUME, I've got work to show you or anyone else for that matter!! I've had my fair share of people insulting my work, many times.. I have all Union Workshop routes except that Shanghai Maglev and the fictional Japanese tram route 'I'm not a big fan of fictional routes, but I'm not saying they are bad!' I've seen many fictional routes that rules over the Shanghai Maglev route altogether.. All I'm saying add more WOW factor to the Shanghai route making it WORTH THE MONEY, or reduce it's super high price tag..

6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I hope you remember that next time you have a dig at AP's pricing or DLC decisions (like when they launched the cloud EP). It's ok being a pot but just remember it's as black as the kettle.

7. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I was a bit angry at the price of a cloud pack yes. BUT i have everything else they offer and certainly get my monies worth. That new pacer couldnt get in my basket quick enough and boy is she good.

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The only AP DLC I don't own presently lol, I'll get it no doubt, I'm just in no rush as I'm not Train simming just the minute.

Also in regards to that I think I've broken the must buy must buy must buy addiction that consumes us so with this game, it's refreshing with FS having nearly 200 mods all Season passes and all DLC (bar one, coz I'm waiting for a sale on that) and it's cost me less than £30 (3rd party key site), and seeing as I said GIANTS would never get another penny off of me back in 2017 I found this a suitable compromise lol.

Not saying I wont get consumed again in the future but for now at least my PayPal is looking rather healthy. ;)

Anyway..

9. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

i do enjoy farming sim myself it just one of them games that you can sit back and spend hours on and not realise. The pacer is a ncie train you will enjoy it when you get it. I wonder if AP will have a sale on for the black friday/cyber monday obs the pacer wont be on it but it may make me get that cloud pack lol

10. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

AP normally have three sales a year all around Bank Holidays. Christmas, Easter and August bank holiday weekend are the three they have. They did have an extra sale over the Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend.

As Black Friday is not a Bank Holiday it’s unlikely, but you never know.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Speaking of the weather 2.0, how have you found it vs the original? Not sure it's worth the 20 quid update when I already have the original, but maybe it is. Looking for feedback.

12. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I believe the weather 2.0 and cloud pack are both worth it in the long run and are a significant upgrade on the weather V1 but I'd wait for a sale if you're not sure. The weather 2.0 will possibly/probably be in the Black Friday or Xmas sales which are only around the corner.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

personally i find it better in terms of the differences you will notice. I would hang fire as AP may have a sale in the next week so best to wait it out and see if they do a sale giving black friday and cyber monday

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I understand you weren’t asking for my opinion but I do want to mention my experience with the pack. Value really depends on how much you want your game to look like real life or how much you appreciate effort and development time / resources used. The Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack 2.0 and Cloud Enhancment Pack have totally transformed the game for me and makes
    my experience more immersive so it’s worth it in my opinion. Skies and lighting look so so so much better and as an avid screenshotter it’s an awesome pack. Keep in mind I did own the original version too and I can certainly say 2.0 is a massive improvement. And then the Cloud Enhancement Pack improves that even more. I find it really impressive what has been achieved with both packs. I definitely recommend getting one, if not both of them especially when on sale which hopefully won’t be too far off in the future. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that there is a steam sale which will feature DTG products, which begins tonight at 6pm uk time.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Scotrail170

Scotrail170 Active Member

Now I'm curious as to what addons we're all looking forward to getting. I've had my eyes on a few TSC and TSW addons for quite a while now.

If it goes in sale, I'm looking to get the Glasgow-Dunblane/Alloa route just purely so I can try and fix the 385's sounds. Scotrail have released their train announcements to the public, meaning I can (hopefully) ditch the text to speech nonsense.

WCML South has also been on my list for a while now, might be worth trying it out on my new computer with the Beta branch.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I‘m not sure I‘ll be getting anything for TSC. Just because I have all the routes I need - I decided a long time ago just to focus on the UK for TSC.

There are a few loco‘s I might get. I think that I don’t have the Class 58 and I‘ve had Skyhook‘s GWR Star on my wishlist for ages.

It‘s still my favourite train sim, so I‘m sure I‘ll find something!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

The Autumn Sale is now on, here are the biggest discounts I found (anything more than 50% off)

Locos
    70% - Amtrak Dash 8-32BWH Loco Add-On
    70% - Amtrak P30CH Loco Add-On
    70% - DB BR 474.3 EMU Add-On
    70% - Western Pacific GP20 High Nose Loco Add-On
    60% - Amtrak F40PH 'California Zephyr' Loco Add-On
    60% - BR Class 35 Loco Add-On
    60% - Class A4 Pacifics Loco Add-On
    60% - DB BR 114 Loco Add-On
    60% - DB BR232 Loco Add-On
    60% - RhB Enhancement Pack 04 Add-On
    60% - RhB Enhancement Pack 05 Add-On
    60% - SBB RABe 523 EMU Add-On
    60% - ScotRail Class 380 EMU Add-On
    59% - LNER Class V2 Steam Loco Add-On
    58% - East Midlands BR Class 222 DEMU Add-On
    57% - GWR 7800 'Manor' class Add-On
    55% - BR Standard Class 4MT
    55% - BR Standard Class 6 'Clan Class' Steam Loco Add-On
    55% - BR Standard Class 7 'Britannia Class' Steam Loco Add-On

Routes
    70% - East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough Route Add-On
    70% - Marias Pass: Shelby - Whitefish Route Add-On
    70% - Marsdonshire Route Add-On
    70% - Mittenwaldbahn: Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Innsbruck Route Add-On
    70% - Netherfield: Nottingham Network Route Add-On
    70% - North London & Goblin Lines Add-On
    70% - Salt Lake City Route Extension Add-On
    70% - Settle to Carlisle Route Add-on
    70% - South London Network Route Add-On
    65% - The Story of Forest Rail Route Add-On
    65% - Valley Corridor Route Add-On
    61% - The Kyle Line: Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh Route Add-On
    60% - Bristol-Exeter Route Add-On
    60% - Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn City - St. Paul Route Add-On
    60% - ECML North: Newcastle - Edinburgh Route Add-On
    60% - Engadin Linie: Pontresina - Scuol-Tarasp Route Add-On
    60% - Glasgow Airport Rail Link Route Add-On
    60% - Gotthardbahn Alpine Classic: Erstfeld - Bellinzona Route Add-On
    60% - Granger Heartland: Kansas City - Topeka Route Add-On
    60% - Lake Constance: Schaffhausen - Kreuzlingen Route Add-On
    60% - LGV: Marseille - Avignon Route Add-On
    60% - Midland Main Line London-Bedford Route Add-On
    60% - Midland Main Line: Sheffield - Derby Route Add-On
    60% - Munich-Augsburg Route Add-On
    60% - Munich - Rosenheim Route Add-On
    60% - NEC: New York-New Haven Route Add-On
    60% - Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco - Gilroy Route Add-On
    60% - Portsmouth Direct Line: London Waterloo - Portsmouth Route Add-On
    60% - Suburban Glasgow Northwest: Springburn - Helensburgh Route Add-On
    60% - Surselva Line: Reichenau-Tamins - Disentis/Mustér Route Add-On
    55% - Guiguang High Speed Railway: Guilin - Hezhou Route Add-On
    55% - Southwestern Expressways: Reading - Exeter Route Add-On
    55% - Tadami Line: Aizu-Wakamatsu Route Add-On
    55% - Totham - Passengers, Power & Freight Route Add-On
    55% - Wakayama & Sakurai Lines Route Add-On
    53% - South West China High Speed Route Add-On
    53% - Three Country Corner Route Add-On
    51% - Metropolitan Line: Aldgate - Uxbridge & Amersham Route Add-On
    51% - Tōhoku High Speed & Main Line Route Add-On

Marketplace
    70% - Gotthardbahn Scenario Pack 01
    70% - London - Brighton Reigate Scenario Pack
    60% - Bernina Line Scenario Pack 01
    60% - Bernina Pass Scenario Pack 01
    60% - FahrBAR Charity Coach Pack
    60% - Lake Constance Scenario Pack

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  19. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

No problem, I’ll try and do it for every sale that comes around with DLC that is discounted more than 50%.

• Like Like x 1
  21. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Yes I do the same. Maybe some bigger discounts in the Christmas sale on Thursday December 21st at 6pm, as this is a fortnightly sale.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  22. toms87

toms87 Well-Known Member

Not really interested in anything right now... I´m thinking about giving the swiss rhätische bahn routes a chance (all at over 50% discount). They run through stunning scenery and have positiv reviews mostly.

23. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

upload_2023-11-23_8-19-9.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  24. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Wow that's very good, usually we get 25%-40% sales from them usually. I understand they want to get people to make most of their purchases at full price but I disagree at their short sale times, only a day? 3 days at least, 7 days would be fantastic. Some people just don't have the time during one day to get on their computer and buy some AP DLC or maybe they miss the news entirely since they are busy.

25. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Got the retro feeling and purchased JT's Totham and the fantastic Marsdonshire route, it's quite big and offers a lot of gamplay variety.

27. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Marsdonshire is Awful - I think it was made by somebody who does Model Railways.
    Sidings arranged wrong with the points not flowing. Return Loops in service.

28. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Same
    Prices as normally tbh. 50 percent makes prices the same as they were before he put prices up and offered 40 percent in sales. Very smart sales tactic that

• Like Like x 2
  29. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I enjoy marsdonshire. Don’t bother me it’s fictional not made by someone who makes model railways. I am always grateful and show consideration to those who make content for us to enjoy in the sim.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Spikee1975

Yeah, Totham is also nice and Valley Corridor too. There's no JT route I don't enjoy actually, whether real or fictional.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

20231125185840_1.jpg
    From someone who normally has no interest whatsoever in US Railroads, I was intrigued by the rolling stock of the Sacramento Northern Suisun - San Francisco Line currently on sale for £12.49.
    OMG how gorgeous is this piece of DLC.
    The amount of unique included assets is insane, agreed the scenery (e.g. trees etc) are somewhat dated but for the current sale price it is a no brainer. Complete with 17 scenarios and a multitude of rolling stock it has got to be up there with the"must buy" list.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/...rthern_Suisun_Bay__San_Francisco_Route_AddOn/

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Spikee1975

Definitely an absolute masterpiece from Rick Grout & friends, agreed.

33. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have had this route for a few years and it's quite good.
    The signals on the shared road section caught me out a few times and I tried running different stock.
    The dimensions of the old and new trains look strange as in theory they are built to the same scale?
    Screenshot_Sacramento Northern, South End_37.78875--122.39710_10-51-40.jpg

34. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

Don't US routes east of Chicago have a smaller loading gauge than those west? That might explain the small size of the East Coast stock in your screenshot. But it still looks too extreme.

35. 21c164fightercommand

21c164fightercommand Well-Known Member

Also, those 21th century Amtrak/NJT electrics are of European ancestry, and I doubt Siemens, Alsthom etc resize their locomotive carbodies, trucks and other parts to fill out the larger US loading gauge

36. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I looked again and the NJT loco and stock is built to a smaller loading gauge because of the wires - mainly around New York.
    But the Red Interurban cars do look a bit large - the E60 is not a small european loco and the Comet stock is also small by comparison.
    Screenshot_Sacramento Northern, South End_37.82409--122.31156_12-00-58.jpg

37. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Digital Traction have extended their 20% off Black Friday deal until 6th December, use code "BlackFriday" in the checkout.
    Means you can grab this beauty of a 1930's Railcar for just £11.99 :love::love::love:
    20231201202111_1.jpg
    20231201220509_1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  38. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

There is a new sale on Steam featuring primarily Scottish content. There are few of these but here are the best deals at discounts over 50% in this sale:

Locos
    60% - ScotRail Class 380 EMU Add-On

Routes

61% - The Kyle Line: Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh Route Add-On
    60% - ECML North: Newcastle - Edinburgh Route Add-On
    60% - Glasgow Airport Rail Link Route Add-On
    60% - Suburban Glasgow Northwest: Springburn - Helensburgh Route Add-On

If you want the ScotRail Class 380, just get the Glasgow Airport Rail Link Route as it is the same price and comes bundled with the Class 380 EMU Add-On.

The Suburban Glasgow Northwest route is a personal favourite of mine. I love how tight, urban and populated it feels with nice scenery. Very fun to drive so I recommend it, especially at 60% off!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  39. snapnfix

snapnfix Active Member

3DZug are running an advent calendar with a different discounted product (40% so far) each day.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  40. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  41. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  42. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  44. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I noticed that and Just Trains shows 19 products out of the 30 on the ChrisTrains page.
    The freight wagons don't seem to be sold by Just Trains

Just Trains also thinks the Midland Mainline and OSMI 2 MAN CityBus are ChrisTrains items
    Screenshot (328).png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. trevkiwi

trevkiwi Active Member

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Look out for Just Trains Christmas Sale beginning tomorrow and running until January 9th

https://www.justtrains.net/

15 products including u bahn Hamburg which I shall be getting.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  47. Johnno124

Johnno124 Active Member

Caledonia Works christmas sale has started with 35% off Locos and 20% of Rolling stock
    upload_2023-12-19_15-58-17.png

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  48. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  50. 21c164fightercommand

21c164fightercommand Well-Known Member

Here is another one for those interested in France's trains, SNCF locomotives, carriages and the turbotrain:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1