Leaked Tsw Class 700/0

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MikeOxlong, Mar 14, 2023.

1. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

My fears are that the 700 will only show up on SEHS with a short run from Dartford to Rineham (short and unplayable like the 375 service from Rochester to Gillingham).

Its arrival on the Brighton line could add services:
    TL1: Bedford - Brighton (from East Croydon to Brighton)
    TL2: Bedford - Gatwick Airport (from East Croydon to Gatwick Airport)
    TL4: Bedford - Littlehampton (from East Croydon to Preston Park)
    TL5: Peterborough - Three Bridges (East Croydon to Three Bridges)
    TL6: Cambridge - Brighton (from East Croydon to Brighton)

With the improvement of the route to the new TSW3 standards (new lighting, sky, improved passengers), the new traffic would bring the route to a new level.

The ideal improvement with the arrival of the 700 class is the expansion of the route from East Croydon to London Bridge, which will allow more full coverage of Thameslink services.

Correct me if I've made a mistake somewhere, I'm not from London.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

To be fair the journey time on Thameslink from Rainham to Dartford is not that much different then it is from East Croydon to Brighton.

47 minutes Rainham to Dartford.
    54 minutes East Croydon to Brighton.

• Like Like x 5
  3. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Yeah - I think SEHS-X being such a massive route disguises the fact that a Dartford - Rainham stopper is actually a pretty decent run (especially by TSW standards).

• Like Like x 7
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It is but I find runs like this frustrating. I can't imagine a driver just running between the two, this is why I like some of the "one train" routes where you can stay on a unit for several runs.

This is why for me a new south eastern route for the excellent class 465 would be great and maybe for a new class 700.

• Like Like x 6
  5. mattwild55

Charing X / Blackfriars / Cannon St to Dartford via Woolwich / Bexleyheath / Sidcup would make for a great network-type route including 700, 465 and 375 for those who like stopping commuter trains, but the scenery would be challenging to say the least.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. theorganist

Yes I agree it would be challenging but I think even for those getting fed up of third rail routes, it would be an interesting route with a variety of different trains to drive. It could look great in TSW also.

I think SEHS is great but I prefer the class 395 runs as they feel complete.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Agreed, although TSW seems to have 3 tiers of this, one being full end to end runs, then there’s what we would have with SEHS, Principle station to destination & finally (the worst of all) no terminus on either end of the service.

At least with SEHS, the 700’s would allow you to start a run from Dartford and bring it back again.

Overall I’d be more than happy for the 700 to be on either route, although I’m more inclined to say I’d prefer it on SEHS, since there’s more variety you get to see - also BML wouldn’t be full runs either.

• Like Like x 2
  8. theorganist

I definatley think it would be great to have them layer in on SEHS and definately BML, it would be nice to see at some point a new route for them and for the class 465.

I agree having no terminus on either end of the route does irritate me.

9. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

i made a suggestion for that if you haven’t seen already:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. theorganist

Yes I saw it, it was a good suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Somewhere I have a hope that the 700 class is being developed not only for the existing route, but also with an eye on a new route (like Amtrak Acela). And it could be: London - Bedford / Luton; London - Peterborough; or London - Cambridge (I admit with the participation of ATS)!
    Or we could expect a major remaster of the Brighton Line.

• Like Like x 4
  12. olly.smail

london to peterborough would be my top pic of those, mainly as it’s my local line but also the most iconic and most varied in services and trains

13. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

London - Peterborough is very likely to come this year, i think DTG needs the LNER, LUMO and Hull Trains license and maybe a grand Central as DLC but rn we have both Great Northern and Thameslink

14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yup, we have the 387, 700 (presumably) & HST, all the pieces for it are coming together.

• Like Like x 2
  15. olly.smail

tbh i think it would be fine to have just lner and thameslink/great northern

16. mattwild55

Perhaps that leaves the door open for the 'new' train to be the Class 91 and DVT...

• Like Like x 5
  17. pessitheghost

hopefully, i really wanna see azumas though, they are my fav rn

• Like Like x 3
  18. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Will start getting excited when it’s on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  19. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

I think the best route for the The class 700 Southeastern high speed Is operated from Gravesend to Rainham or Do the whole Chatham main line for the 700

20. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

I think you mean the north kent line, the Chatham mainline is the route to Victoria that branches off at Rochester.

• Like Like x 2
  21. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

This is the best news I've heard in a long time, living in SE London these are regulars on my routes. The 8 car 700/0 on the SE lines and the 12 car 700/1 on the Brighton mainline. This will add a lot of immersion to these lines with their distinctive looks and Thameslink paint schemes. All we need now is for SW Railway to be added and merged into Clapham Jct. which looks very empty currently on the West side. How about something like Alton to Waterloo being added? All in time hopefully, it's nice to see some layering going on rather than just new routes with only one stock item running on it. Dare we hope for the Overground to be added one day for a clean sweep?

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. pessitheghost

I’m imagining the BML scenarios i’m going to make alread, can’t wait for the next roadmap

• Like Like x 3
  23. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Remember JD said that the leaks may not be due any time soon if at all!

Saying that just as much for myself :D (although I hope it is next roadmap)

• Like Like x 4
  24. olly.smail

pretty much everything else is known about now apart from preston - blackpool and the 700 but yes let’s wait for the next roadmap and see

• Like Like x 3
  25. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

You might be confusing Dartford with Rainham. While Rainham is a real terminus for 700s Dartford is not.
    Not really. The HST has been long replaced on the route. DTG would need to fully rebuild the GWE HST to have upgraded physics and sounds, plus a brand new interior, assuming they'd want to have a backdated version. Then there would be the massive hole left by not having an 80x or Class 91, but at that point DTG would be including at least three trains (assuming it's 387 + 700 + 80x/91) which is value for money DTG only allows in Train Simulator. A 91/Mark 4 set would also be a lot of work, requiring individual coach models, having both Class 91s cabs functioning and if it was set in the current day they may have to make both the new and ex-Virgin liveries.

26. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

We still had a few HSTs bombing about when 700s started going to Peterborough.

Also I believe all of our operational 225s are in the 'new' livery.

27. olly.smail

the best way to release an ecml south imo would be as standard to come with a 387/1, 700, 717 and 800/801, then have a 91+Mk4s+DVT as a loco dlc. A lot of people want a 91 as standard but it wouldnt make much sense as in the current day its predominantly 80xs

28. olly.smail

that they are, theyre all now oxblood liveried including the spare dvt and mk4, only recently completed mind.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Doomotron

I know. However a concern I have relates to the 91 and its liveries, as LNER may not be keen on DTG including it in the old Virgin livery (like how GWR weren't keen on DTG including the First Great Western livery) and as the new 91 livery didn't exist when the HSTs were withdrawn they may need to make a decision about whether including an HST is appropriate for the route.

In TS they've included London Midland liveried trains with Avanti West Coast stock, which is partially realistic but not fully. However it is made slightly less of an issue because nobody with the option not to uses the default DTG stock for any TS route, and so using the AP pack to get LNWR liveries, or the MJW revamp pack to get Virgin liveries is a popular choice to make.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  30. olly.smail

they should either entirely backdate it, so maybe in the virgin/fcc era with 365s, 317/321s, 313s, HSTs and 91s or set it in the current day with 700s, 387s, 80xs and 717s. Personally as an ecml south local i would prefer current day but id take anything we get.

31. Doomotron

Not going to happen. They would never get Virgin Trains EC licensing nor First Capital Connect, nor would they be able to all those trains. At a minimum they'd need a Class 91 and 365, but that's cutting out a huge amount of traffic for the era - the same issue as setting the route in the current day.

• Like Like x 2
  32. matt#4801

Ah I wasn't sure about the spares as last time I took notice of them they were still vtec red (which is bad considering I go past there near on every day!). Thanks for confirming mate.

I see where you're coming from and in all honesty I would prefer not to speculate on this one too much as I don't want to say something I shouldn't as I would like to have a job to go to tomorrow!!

If they get the VTEC and FCC license I will go down to DTG towers and congratulate them myself.

A way round this issue is to set it in the 70s or 80s!!

• Like Like x 5
  33. Doomotron

Now that is an idea I like...

• Like Like x 3
  34. matt#4801

Glad I could please!!
    Any section of the ECML with a Deltic would be hard to beat.

35. pessitheghost

They can set it in current LNER livery, and if they could get the GWR livery, they shouldn’t struggle getting hull trains, and in all fairness there’s not that many differences from a 800/802, i’m saying this now the ECML south is definitely in the pipeline if we get a 700, base DLC will be 700,717,387,800/801 LNER Hull Trains 802(likely), 91 DLC, if dtg can get the 180 (DLC) it’ll come with the base london kings X to peterborough along with the Northern City line (possibly) and the route will be an instant hit, which will lead to it getting the SEHS treatment which could mean we get the fen line or the hertford loop as some sort of ECML South “Extended”. If not we get a Midland Mainline

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  36. matt#4801

Never said they couldn't but that I didn't want to comment further on the licensing because it could get me in trouble.

Hull trains on the ECML south would be AI only as their first stop is Grantham.

• Like Like x 1
  37. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

Yes that would be pure perfection!
    Why, I am confused what do you mean.

38. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Nope, but you when you’ve quoted me you’ve cut out the part where I said “Principal station to destination”. Dartford being the principal.

My point really was that there’s a lot of rolling stock options at the ready for various takes on the line, not that they should use the 387, HST & 700 simultaneously. You’d only really need a rework on one of the above units and a newly built train (enter IC225 or IET). Just because there’s no realistic way to include every single piece of rolling stock that runs on the line, it does not mean it won’t happen, it’s entirely plausible that we could get one of the above units with a new train, and that’s the route.

39. pessitheghost

it is plausible because over 50% of the trains on ECML south are of the same family, only really different trains are the 387, 91 and 180 which we already have the 387

40. pessitheghost

oh no i didn’t say you would, i’m just making a bit of speculation :). But yea, i would love to see an 80x or a 91 on train sim world 3, although if i could choose i would want it on the northerly most section as that’s where the ECML is the most scenic

• Like Like x 1
  41. olly.smail

as for the current day, not really. we already have a 387/1, basically confirmed 700, and a 717 is just a few model changes from a 700, meaning the only train needing to be fully modelled from scratch would be an 80x

42. Doomotron

The northern sections with the nice views would be quite enjoyable. Plus if it's set at the very start of their lives they could get away with an LNER A4 pack for it.

• Like Like x 1
  43. pessitheghost

the northern section might not get added just yet, but i would love it in the modern day

44. mattwild55

upload_2023-3-20_15-57-43.png

Looks like the 700 will be dropping soon at least for SEHS... screenshot from Loco Bundle 2 article

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Well spotted that!

46. mattwild55

Even more well spotted by the guys on Discord is that there's actually a 700 in shot, just about (can't claim any credit for this one)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  47. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

With the addition of Thameslink services, plus the ROG 37, the revamped SEHS will have officially taken over from BML as Best UK Route.

• Like Like x 10
  48. mattwild55

Agree - the classic lines will have finally reached their full potential and this is definitely to be celebrated.

I'm really hoping the 700/1 comes too for BML though.

• Like Like x 11
  49. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I am too, but the word is that BML's timetable is so full it can't handle anything more.

• Like Like x 1
  50. pessitheghost

it can’t handle anything on old gen*

700/0s also mean a possible ECML south as 700/0s do the Cambridge Stoppers from Kings X, faster services are 700/1s but ECML timetables are very packed. An ECML south has a train that leaves kings X every few mins, and would be a timetable the size of BML

• Like Like x 5