Leaked Tsw Class 700/0

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MikeOxlong, Mar 14, 2023.

1. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Latest post :)

Screenshot_20230401_120333.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Josh#5457

Josh#5457 Member

Well at least they’ve finally admitted it, they say due this summer? Wonder how long it will be

• Like Like x 4
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

They really like making us wait for stuff, don't they? :D

• Like Like x 3
  5. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

As they've now officially specified 700/0, looks like it most likely won't be coming to BML.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Summer is quite a way away, but at least it’s not being rushed out so there’s an outside chance they’ll have the time to layer it on to BML.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Josh#5457

Josh#5457 Member

Yeah that’s what I was thinking but I suppose like you say we don’t want anything rushed, that being said I’m surprised they’re teasing and effectively showing us footage of it this early if it’s not due until late June at the earliest

• Like Like x 1
  8. coursetim

Hopefully that does give them some time to do the necessary optimisation passes over BML to be able to add it. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

what does everyone think of its look from what we can see so far? I never used it in TSC but heard it was bad.

Here is another view from the post today:

338567548_938595807452461_6852138459167886597_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That’s the 375 blocking the 700, which is on the other track.

• Like Like x 1
  11. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

April fools is only til 12pm mate, clearly a 700 behind the window lol..

• Like Like x 3
  12. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Hmm that would be a major disappointment if not for BML. However, the only major positive I can see that it says the 700/0 is for this Summer - that still is a bit away, which mystifies even further considering especially because it's just a single loco DLC that would serve just Rainham-Dartford services don't you think? Otherwise would this have not come much sooner, what are people's thoughts about such?

For other loco DLC like the 37 ROG, initial screenshots and it coming to TSW was what, a few weeks? Surely a single loco DLC wouldn't be revealed for so much hype and as so many teasers for 80 or so services on just SEHS? So, I'm really hoping the next few months is to get it for London Commuter too with TOD 4 lighting/skies like Boston and Acela as that would be most logical. One final thing, as the 700/0 does serve the BML, Bedford-Brighton services would still be an absolute minimum regardless for London Commuter I'd argue.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Josh#5457

Josh#5457 Member

Yeah i completely agree, like you say as we're already getting screenshots and that there must be another reason why it's not until the summer if it is just one loco. DTG may surprise us you never know!

• Like Like x 3
  14. cloudyskies21

It's a mystery indeed. With DTG having posted several screenshots now with the 700 looking almost complete aesthetically from a distance at least, the PIS for Rainham shown and the fact it looks like they have it working with the SEHS timetable already, then why summer and not sooner, especially for just a loco DLC?! Even Rush Hour for summer 2021 was revealed in May of that year! So how would just one loco DLC for a single route with 80 or so services be so far away?

• Like Like x 5
  15. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Maybe they are planning on releasing it with a new summer route. The 700 maybe near finished and will layer on to SEHS, possibly the BML but not ready yet. New summer route could include part of ECML. Wishful thinking but not impossible if it’s not going to be ready until summer…..

• Like Like x 7
  16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m predicting (most likely incorrectly) an enhanced London Commuter with the 700 being added to that route is coming. It may just be a TOD4 enhancement with some performance tweaks, or if there is a meaningful extension that can benefit from the 700 maybe that too. All was quiet regarding SEHS Extended until it happened don’t forget.

• Like Like x 8
  17. CrAzZyKiLLa

I'm talking about the 700 front end, which can seen through the window.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Hope the Class 700 is applied to these routes
    Brighton Mainline
    East coastway(Ai traffic)
    South Eastern high speed.

• Like Like x 8
  19. coursetim

Would definitely be nice but we haven't even had BML Gatwick express layers on ecw yet. Its definitely in need of an overhaul!

• Like Like x 5
  20. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

700/0 coming in summer, it’s probably coming with a whole different route, maybe an ECML, hopefully an ECML as they just need to design the 717 (same body shape different front design) and 800/801 (which are the same train) and we have the GTR license, and DTG could probably get the LNER license, but this is speculation, but i think it’s possible because the ECML south is probably one of the highest requested routes and is possible in TSW as it’s only about 80 miles with 4 less stations than BML, which if you include the northern city line it only has one more station than BML. and 700/0s do the Kent/Sutton runs on thameslink, and 700/1s do the Brighton/Horsham fast runs to peterborough so maybe it could be added at some point in the future, also 700/0s do the semi fast trains to cambridge along with the 387s and 800s/801s do the 50 minute runs to peterborough and then further to the north east with some making stops at stevenage, and 387s are non stop to hitchin. So a perfect balance of fast, stopper and semi fasts from Kings X with a 91 coming as a DLC, so we get a ECML hopefully

• Like Like x 5
  21. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I'm hoping after 5 years DTG are finally doing a 700, 91 and kgx to pbo as a summer release with a joe timetable.That would be a perfect combo

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 12
  22. pessitheghost

6 years* TSW has been a thing for 6 years, but yea a 700/717,387,800 and 91 would be something i would love to see in TSW 3

• Like Like x 1
  23. Josh#5457

Josh#5457 Member

Orrrrrr, as it’s April fools, it’s a joke and they’re actually releasing it next week :D

• Like Like x 8
  24. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Oh yeah we need those too

• Like Like x 1
  25. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Well dtg won't just release a terrible emu. They have ap sounds to use and they can make it more detailed and realistic due to simugraph, etc.

26. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It sounds like it will be included on whatever the big summer release will be. In which case it is interesting it is already layered into the SEHS timetable, as in the past new locos aren't in old routes until their timetables are adjusted - the layers work better in future routes rather than past ones unless its a substitution.

BML needs an overhaul with the new features and to improve performance and frankly if they re-did the timetable with fewer services but more variety of stock it would be no bad thing IMO. Awaiting the roadmap with interest now.

• Like Like x 3
  27. pessitheghost

i doubt BML will get an overhaul, the summer update will be something huge though

28. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You are correct if the developers want the class 700/0 to run there since Three Bridges has a TMD for them to use. Back in 2016 you are more likely to see a Class 700/0 to run Bedford Brighton then in 2018 700/1 entered service on that corridor to take advantage of CBTC Overlaid on ETCS on the tunnel section. Remember to change voltage at Farringdon Station think of that as Ebbsfleet International on SEH US equivalent Metro-North New Haven line Pelham station German equivalent Hamburg S-Bahn Hamburg Verkehrsverbund S3 Stade PZB it's where OHLE meets third rail

29. pessitheghost

Or we can get St Pancras Intl for the start of the ECML south and drive through york road tunnels to join up with the mainline just before copenhagen tunnels, making us able to drive St Pancras and kings X to Peterborough/ Letchworth Garden City as that is the first stop of most class 387 trains

• Like Like x 1
  30. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Yes I thought is was an April fools thing too but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Tom Sykes

Tom Sykes Member

I’m genuinely so excited for this. I love how Southeastern High Speed is getting more traffic. However, I do hope this layers onto London Commuter — Brighton Main Line.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Josh#5457

Josh#5457 Member

Yeah I’m extremely excited for it too, but I’m a bit biased as SEHS is my local route, I too agree that the 700 needs to layer onto BML though. But at the very least it’s an interesting emu and is active on a few routes so there’s plenty of potential!

33. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Hopefully DTG will finally do the Midland Mainline south with the 700, HST and 222 and a Joe timetable

• Like Like x 4
  34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The RG37 was just a repaint (of a loco and an EMU, but still just repaints)

35. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's even worse than that. Only the /4s and some /1s are represented, so we're missing on all of the other subclasses. The rest of the /1s and the /2s appear on the line despite not being in the game. Plus there aren't any 455s which is an issue since the timetable is set before they were withdrawn.

• Like Like x 2
  36. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Loads (literally) of people asked for the 700 in TSW.
    Don't think anyone specifically requested the ROG 37.

• Like Like x 2
  37. cloudyskies21

Yeah quite possibly. Though it begs the question exactly what new summer route would be perfect for just the 700/0 though if the same logic applies that the /0 can't do London Commuter because there's no /1, then I'd rule out ECML South (Peterborough and Cambridge services are exclusively /1). MML South would most likely be ideal for the /0, but considering we have another part of MML, I highly doubt it so soon. Thus, what suitable route remains for the 700/0, the Sutton Loop? On the contrary though, imagine if the hypothetical new route came with a /1. :love:

With the 700 arriving to TSW, quite frankly I'd be super happy for ALL Thameslink services to be plied by just the /0 for now until ever a /1 hopefully comes, whether for BML, EMCL etc - I just want the 700!

Indeed, maybe the 37 ROG was not the best comparison. My point was that all we know currently is that the 700 is a loco DLC, so I wonder if there's more to just SEHS considering 'Summer' is months away.

• Like Like x 1
  38. pessitheghost

They run on the cambridge semifasts and the sevenoaks-welwyn runs, so a ECML south is possible with a 700/1 probably being added at a later point

• Like Like x 2
  39. cloudyskies21

Ah yes, that's fair enough. I'd say the /1 would be key for ECML South from the start though so it can go all the way to Peterborough.

40. pessitheghost

yes, but 387s can run them, and who knows what dovetail are planning

41. CrAzZyKiLLa

700.png

• Like Like x 4
  42. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's probably going to be next gen only which might cause an uproar since the 700 is a mainstay on the route. Next gens might have to lose a couple layers for the 700 to layer on. Dtg has said bml needs more optimizations on all platforms to add new trains otherwise you get crashes constantly. So unless dtg finds a way to optimize bml, it probably won't get anything

• Like Like x 2
  43. chieflongshin

I can't help think optimisation means gen 8 is holding timetable back. I've never had issue on pc

• Like Like x 5
  44. Josh#5457

Josh#5457 Member

I understand that gen 8 players are going to be upset but we can’t hold back improvements and upgrades just because gen 8 can’t handle it, if they do this then the game is getting held back unnecessarily. I have a pretty high end pc and don’t have any problems whatsoever on bml. Why can’t they implement some sort of option to allow you to choose what layers you want or something along those lines.

I think they should be adding/improving everything they can then downscaling it for gen 8 or even gen 9 consoles if they have to. I know they’ve effectively done this for bml with reduced services/layers but I don’t think further developments should be held back because of this. Also people on gen 9 consoles have said that bml is absolutely fine so how bad really is it?

What do people think?

• Like Like x 5
  45. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Gen8 is sooo last gen.

• Like Like x 3
  46. Wish they had dropped gen8 with the arrival of gen9, then if I had it my way it would be a pc only title.

But I think developers are bound by the t&c's of Microsoft and Sony to make it work across all consoles its sold on. Maybe dtg are already bending the rules a little.

• Like Like x 3
  47. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

I don’t know why PC players keep thinking there is an issue with gen 9
    Stick to Train Sim Classic dangerousdave if you want PC only. TSW was developed with console firmly in the plan.

I do agree it’s time to drop Gen 8 though if it’s now restricting layers on most wanted DLC, which it has been for years now, going way back to Munich/Augsburg. If it takes that long to resolve optimisation for the class 700 routes as it does for that still unresolved route, then we’re being screwed over as Gen 9 and PC based customers.

• Like Like x 6
  48. coursetim

Sam's said often that TSW is just as popular on console as it is on PC. Although would be interesting to know if theres still the same split between Xbox, PS and PC DTG Protagonist?

49. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

‘If you had it your way it would be a pc only title’
    If it was that way tsw wouldn’t exist, the majority of the profit comes from console players

• Like Like x 1
  50. chieflongshin

Agree totally.
    There should be selectable layers , maybe it could be like red dead with the memory bar so you can see how much increasing graphics (or layers) is pushing your machine

• Like Like x 1