Leaked Tsw Class 700/0

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MikeOxlong, Mar 14, 2023.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Agree with this too. Works fine on my series x and pc

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'm happy playing tsc and sharing tsw with the console community. Gen 8 does need to be dropped though. Pc players are regularly forced to shell out 1000s by game developers, so I don't see the problem with £500 on a new console.

• Like Like x 3
  3. It's a good thing I'm not the head at dtg then ain't it.

4. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

tfw a 500 pound console is more powerful than a rtx 3090

• Like Like x 1
  5. Josh#5457

Josh#5457 Member

Wellllll, not quite ;) maybe a 3070 at a push

6. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

As a last gen PS4 player, which as actually received significantly improved performance with the Add-Ons manager, I think a layers toggle would be a good solution. Include all layers on all platforms, and in most cases they will likely work for everyone. But with resource intensive routes, include a default selection with acceptable performance on old gen and allow players to toggle layers on/off at their own risk. The layers are all designed to work independently anyways because not many players have all add-ons, so this really shouldn’t be too hard to implement.

I, for example, would have some fun on Munich-Augsburg in that case and disable the ICEs, but enable the regional services layer (which is normally inaccessible on last gen). You don’t encounter ICEs often on that route, but they take away tons of resources with their unique wagons. I’d love for DTG to take another look at some layer choices for last gen because I’d imagine the Add-Ons manager has freed up crucial memory resources.

7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Here we go again, the "console bad" discussion.

The last time we heard, there was a roughly 33% split for Xbox, PS and PC, based on playerbase.
    Make it PC only and it's a third of the revenue, therefore less will come in DLC. You wouldn't want that, would you?

Gen 8 is lacking, and I think we're close to the plug being pulled in that regard. However, Gen 9 is more than capable of matching PC's higher standards, and so should stay.

However, are we forgetting about people who play on lower-end PCs? Where do they fit in to this, do we shove them under the bus as well?

• Like Like x 4
  8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Agreed. ECW is an amazing route already, and just a few things could improve it massively.
    • Add London-Brighton AI at Brighton and Lewes
    • Remove the weird filter that seems to be present on ECW and other routes like HRR & possibly TVL/NTP/PennCorr. All the textures and colors on these routes feel a bit dull, it’s like a film in front of the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Even the 3070 has more power than the amd gpu in gen 9. My friend can achieve better frame rates on he's ps5 on most titles than my 3070 but he's graphics settings are mostly pre defined. If he could max everything like I do on my pc it would be a different story I think.

• Like Like x 1
  10. They have always been shoved under the bus.

11. pessitheghost

a PS5/XSX is stronger than a 3070 and arguably stronger than a 3080…

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. pessitheghost

pc users trying to justify spending over a thousand yearly trying to upgrade their pc

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

In terms of performance, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 is the closest GPU equivalent to the PS5. Although AMD GPUs, like the Radeon RX 5700 XT, more closely resemble the architecture of the PS5's Oberon GPU, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 more closely matches the PS5's performance in benchmarks.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Where did you come to that conclusion? The 3070 was released after the ps5/xsx specs where set in stone and has more power. Its a fact.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Josh#5457

Josh#5457 Member

Love how this has turned into a console vs pc thread :D:D

• Like Like x 3
  16. That's because console owners always get a bee in their bonnet every time someone mentions one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

They don’t actually, was you that brought it up…

• Like Like x 3
  18. pessitheghost

pc players always act like their superior it’s so funny

• Like Like x 3
  19. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

20. I merely said if I had my way it would be pc only. I have not started a petition requesting dtg to drop the console. You'll turned it into a argument. You didn't have to say anything. End of.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2023
  21. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Sigh

Do we *really* need to, or can we just all get back to being grownups that respect each others views?

Feel free to hit "report" on anything you feel action to should be taken on. I'm not a moderator, so there's nothing I can do except exactly the same.

The easiest way to end an argument is not to have the last word, just leave it hanging and walk away, nobody needs the misery in their lives, if you're desperate for misery in your life turn on the news or something. Dunno about you lot but i'm here to have fun.

... and just as a learning moment, you should take a moment to swap things around on this - and say "if i had my way it would be console only" and then see how you would react to it. How is any console owner not going to be triggered by this?

Matt.

• Like Like x 24
  22. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Some do. Some of us realise that it's really only the very top end specced PCs that are really superior to the latest revisions of the consoles, with the caviat that PCs have so much bloatware running in the background for the most part that even some of this is negated unless you put in some work to ensure that all the CPU and GPU hogging is shut down when you play

Personally I'm happy with a fast i5 and a midrange GPU, but then I'm not wanting absolute 60fps at 4k... happy with my 27" 1440 monitor...

• Like Like x 3
  23. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Considering that translates to a console user as "if I had it my way, you wouldn't get access to the game" - of course they'll be pissed off, as Matt roughly says above.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Seriously wouldn't bother me. There's plenty of games that are console exclusive. If I can't play it then I can't play it. I don't get upset about it.
    There's so many people on here that argue over nothing, then blame other people for starting it.
    I while ago I asked on the forum for my account to be deleted, so if you the right channels then please put in my request to be removed from the dtg forum.
    Thanks.

25. pessitheghost

thank you, a pc player that doesn’t have a superiority complex

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. pessitheghost

this is so funny, because i’m not even triggered. I’m literally pointing out how dumb your opinion is about consoles

• Like Like x 3
  27. ARuscoe

I wouldn't go that far ;)

28. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

Just logout and stay away. You're an adult, do you have so little self control that other people need to act for you? Bit sad,.don't you think?

• Like Like x 1
  29. Josh#5457

Josh#5457 Member

I think all this arguing is because we’re all frustrated in anticipation of the 700 release, the excitement has just riled everyone up:D
    Let’s agree to disagree and talk more class 700!

• Like Like x 4
  30. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You are spot on and here's the thing if you have both SEH and BML with Class 700/0 will that cause it to meltdown and suffer from Crashes or not? For Class 700/0 on BML can the East Croydon Brighton section handle that or not?

31. ARuscoe

Stay round the forums for a while and you'll learn it isn't that at all, just some people not being able to read comments without taking them to heart and then having a negative reaction to it. All part of the internet and human reactions I'm afraid

• Like Like x 4
  32. ARuscoe

On PC, no, on PS5 and XbX/S. no. On PS4, probably but then DTG can either trim in down on that platform as they do for so much else, or have a specific timetable on that platform for that DLC.
    ie there's always options, but it's how much work DTG want to put into the lower powered platforms trying to maintain a user experience

They dev on and for PC initially so that's always going to have "everything it can"

• Like Like x 2
  33. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

People are being a bit ridiculous at this point. Why don’t we revert back to talking about the thread.
    Given that the 700 is ‘coming to tsw3 this summer’, I would place money on it being part of whatever this summers release is, like others have also said. This also makes it likely that a whole new game will not be coming this summer, good news I think. And at least dtg have finally listened to the community for the first time in nearly 2 years when they made BML

• Like Like x 5
  34. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Don't generalise all PC users from the minority who have a power complex please.

I don't care what console people use, some, like myself have space for a PC setup, while other might not or prefer a controller.

I have, not of this forum mind, seen console players who think they are the better gamers. It's all swings and roundabouts.

There does seem to be a strong "my console is better" presence here though. I remember when they merged all the different sub-forums and PC users got flack for "being the source of leaks and spoilers"

• Like Like x 1
  35. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Definitely, when the festival of rail and the spreadsheet got leaked, there were a number of threads generalising PC players for ruining the surprise -___-

• Like Like x 3
  36. Josh#5457

Josh#5457 Member

I don’t get it though, I mean I understand these things are unfortunate but come on… it’s a video game at the end of the day, hardly something to start arguing and insulting eachother about, I’m all for friendly banter and that from console to pc players, I’m part of it with friends and that, but doesn’t need to go further than that

• Like Like x 3
  37. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Thought I'd post a video I've just taken mostly so you guys can hear the audio, it's a pretty unique sound. Apologies for the low video quality.

• Like Like x 5
  38. ARuscoe

You're discounting human nature here. There are those who can turn the other cheek, those who absolutely can't let things go and everything in between. It's all fine, people will remain on the forums, make some good points and also throw a few wobblers... all part of the internet

• Like Like x 2
  39. pessitheghost

Anyways let’s get back on topic as this thread was going off topic, but yea the 700 opens up a new pandora’s box for TSW3 and a potential money machine

• Like Like x 1
  40. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

My dad’s bigger than your dad.

Playground stuff.

• Like Like x 8
  41. ARuscoe

Not sure this is true
    MML South might sell very well, but the rest of the routes it runs on are hardly prestige...
    Only other one I can see as a decent DLC would be the North Kent Lines

• Like Like x 4
  42. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Okay so let’s put this to bed. Gen 9 consoles (not the “S”) are approximately equivalent to an RTX 2070 Super. Alex at Digital Foundry always uses this card when comparing PC graphics settings with those of the consoles. Of the two premium consoles the Series X has a couple more teraflops than the PS5, but this usually only equates to a slight resolution difference in real-world game performance. Here’s where TSW seems to be the exception as there is a rather significant performance difference between the two (poor PS5 optimisation?). I am fortunate enough to own both, plus an RTX 3090 Ti-equipped PC, but if I’m honest I probably spend most of my gaming time on the Series X, comfortably installed on my sofa. ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. pessitheghost

MML south and ECML south as 700/0 run the cambridge semi fasts from Kings X and they run the sevenoaks - welwyn trains as well

44. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

I just went back to revisit BML after a long time away, and I have to say I had forgotten how alive that route feels. Heading out from Victoria, three trains leaving at the same time, more incoming from multiple inbound routes, seems like something passing every few seconds. Really interesting! And it does make other releases seem very quiet by comparison.

• Like Like x 14
  45. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Personally, instead of a 'new route' with the 700, I'd just love a London Commuter Extended - basically what they did with SEHS - and give us the Wivelsfield branch (though as TL doesn't actually serve the ECW though, maybe an extension to either London Bridge, or more realistically to Horsham - which is around 7 miles - for terminating TL Peterborough services could be better) plus any required optimisation/updates.

How about the South London Line + Thameslink Core?

• Like Like x 5
  46. pessitheghost

i personally want a new thameslink route, one for AC one for DC

• Like Like x 1
  47. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I'd very much love an AC route too, but I'd prefer that with a /1 and in the meantime with the /0 for DTG getting the 700 to work with existing TSW routes first.

• Like Like x 1
  48. pessitheghost

it doesn’t really matter to me, i just want proper mileage to stretch the legs of the thameslink 700

• Like Like x 1
  49. ARuscoe

Thameslink core is ATO but would need to be on one line or another

50. pessitheghost

Thameslink core should go to MML or ECML south