PlayStation Legends Of The Great Western, Custom Livery Issues & Things I Wish They'd Change

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rightontrack#2720, Apr 24, 2021.

1. rightontrack#2720

rightontrack#2720 Active Member

So I'm not sure if this is a bug or how DTG have released this content (REALLY hoping it's the former) but here it goes.

I downloaded the Legends of the Great Western DLC and found that you could now create custom liveries for the Class 101 DMU....but that's only 1 out of the 6 locos that you can use on the route so it's off to bad staff already.

But what makes this even worse:

- You can't use a custom livery on a custom scenario. So you spend time making your livery, but can only use it on Timetable mode? Even then, you can't run a 6 car formation with 2 sets in your livery! You're forced to run 3 cars with custom, 2 cars without, which looks really out of place. Same goes with the MK2 coaches, can't be used on any other route and I've yet to find a way to use custom coach liveries on custom scenario mode, making the whole idea of custom coaches pointless.

- The Class 101 in LOTGW is locked specifically to that DLC. This means that if you try to use your custom livery on a custom scenario set on a different route, North Trans Pennine for example, you can't. I don't understand why they've don't it this way.

- While supposed to be set in the 1970s, the LOTGW routes are just the modern day setting with nothing actually changed. You see modern cars, modern equipment, modern stations, modern infrastructure, even people wearing modern clothes. This just seems really lazy in DTG part. Obviously I'm not a game designer, programmer or developer, but seriously?

- There are numerous issues with sound, especially with the Class 52. Often you'll change camera angles and the sound of the loco will just fade to practically silence.

What improvements could DTG make?
    - Fix allowing custom liveries to be used in custom scenarios.
    - Make the LOTGW Class 101s compatible on all routes.
    - Allow custom liveries for more locos