Fishing Sim World Length To Weight Mismatch

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by GeeDub438, Jan 27, 2020.

1. GeeDub438

GeeDub438 Member

The internet is awash with free biological data with regard to the various sizes and lengths of many, if not all, fish species represented within this simulator. On the whole I would say that, generally, DTG are fairly close but definitely not ‘spot on’. I am unsure of which algorithm they use when determining the weight of the fish by length but there are far too many instances of it being so far off it’s untrue. The attached screenshot is just such an example.

All the biological data agrees that a Largemouth Bass of 10lbs 14oz would have a length of about 25 to 26 inches. This is quite a significant difference between the length of 15.02 inches as in the picture.

If you free fish, I doubt this will ever have an impact on your fishing experience, however, if you fish the online DFL Tournaments then it most certainly will. Of the 4 Tournaments, 3 of them will be affected by this mismatch with ONLY the Match Tournament not making a difference.

For example, one only has to look at how tight the margin is, most weeks, between 1st and 2nd place in the Predator Challenge Tournament and then tell me that 10 inches won’t make a difference!

FF45C488-E393-4EBE-B75C-DDBE36F7D83C.jpeg