Level Crossings Barrier Speed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Odhranamaru15, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Odhranamaru15

Odhranamaru15 Member

Currently, the lowering/raising sequence on level crossings is far too quick, and I'm surprised that it hasn't yet been addressed. It takes away immersion a little bit as it does look physically unnatural. I do believe the sequences are triggered based off of signal aspects althought I could be wrong, so perhaps this is why. If so, maybe have the triggering signals a bit further back to allow more time for crossings to lower if travelling at speed.

• Like Like x 3
  2. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I remember in the original version of CSX Heavy Haul that the crossing gates went down slowly like they do in real life and the developers mentioned that they used key frame animation to simulate it when they did the Q & A for the TSW 2 version of Heavy Haul and they also mentioned that it caused problems and that's why they stopped animating crossings until they came up with a new way to due them for SouthEastern Highspeed. Dovetails should come up with a way to combine the key frame animation and what ever animation technique they use to create animated level crossings to get the appropriate speed when the gates come down.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Odhranamaru15

Odhranamaru15 Member

I didn't know that! Thanks :) but yeah, I'm sure there's gotta be some way