Lgv Speed Limit Bouncing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kirbyfisher69, Jan 31, 2021.

1. kirbyfisher69

kirbyfisher69 Member

Hello all, I have just started playing the LGV route and on the scenario, TGV 5010 Marseille-St. Charles, I am about 43km from Aix-en_Provence and running on speed control. Speed limit was 320km/h but now it has started bouncing from 300 to 320, just over and over in short amounts of time. Now as I am closer to Aix, it has been bouncing from 270 to 300.
    Very annoying. Anyone else run into this.
    Going to submit a support ticket on this.

2. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Is there by any chance another train ~10km in front of you? That's roughly the distance when TVM starts slowing you down. If you get closer to Aix, the train in front of you is probably slowing down either to stop at Aix or for the the tunnel, which slows you down as well.

• Like Like x 3
  3. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is likely you are running behind another train and "riding the yellows".

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Agree with above on the other train. This caused me a bit of frustration until the penny dropped and I checked the map - sure enough, a train ahead. On that same run with no lead train, the speed remains as expected.

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

They coded the train in front to go slower than line speed...

6. kirbyfisher69

kirbyfisher69 Member

That makes sense. Just checked and I do have a train ahead. I am rerunning this service and set my speed to 300 and it is still bouncing. May lower it to 270 to give the one ahead time to pull away. Thx folks.

• Like Like x 1