Like A Boomerang!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ade4472, Sep 12, 2018.

1. ade4472

ade4472 Member

Hi from Bristol UK .
    Many moons ago I was one of those hardened souls who would sit at the end of the platform at Bristol TM or Patchway stations. I was so “into” trains and would sit with my notebook and spotters guides poised sitting next to my camera.....yes I was an anorak 30 years ago.
    With the birth of my son (2 days before my birthday) when I turned 40 I have been looking for things to do with him that aren’t needing too much effort. This where the train simulators come in. Yes I have been suffering mid-life crisis. The choo choos have come back and just in time to see HST’s leaving our region, refurbished and sent to Scotrail. With the look and sounds of the new trains my 5 year old has become inquisitive (as you can manage) and dare I say interested in the trains. This has given me my official excuse to buy the magazines again and sit upon the platforms end taking photographs. I’m glad his interest has given me something we can do together (I have a spinal condition) which doesn’t involve attempting to run around. By him looking at my magazines and reading articles along with taking photos this has given me something to do and get valuable 1 on 1 time with my son.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums glad to have you here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ade4472

ade4472 Member

Thank-you very much

4. capncol

capncol Member

That sounds just like me, except my son was n't bothered about trains but I have a grandson who is much more keen. Anyway, now the kids have flown the nest (third one looking for somewhere to make a home) i have a bit more time to indulge the hobby of my youth. Will probably have to buy a new anorak though :love:
    Colin