Route Linke Rheinstrecke - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by TrainGeek08, Mar 9, 2023.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I'm really starting to wonder why we haven't seen any patches yet, seems like it's about time for some.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Right now they are discussing with me if my bug reports are bugs or not. Then they need to fix them, then they need to test them, make a build and release it.

Maybe in 2024.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add my wild upcoming speed restriction experience with EC51 Koblenz to Mainz.

As I knew most restrictions around Mainz will not be indicated I had the HUD on. Just ahead of the entry signal into Mainz, an 80kph was indicated on the HUD. The distant signal for the entry signal showed only Vr1 (without any Zs signal). However, 250m ahead of the entry signal the 500Hz activated (bringing me to a stop) and upon reaching the signal it became clear why. It showed Hp0 (again, distant signal showed Vr1!) with a Sh1. The routing was not even strange, I went straight into the first platform to the right, outside the main hall (dont know the number).

Even though, theoretical a Sh1 entry into a station can happen, I would at least expect a proper Vr0 indication ahead of it...

Something seriously wrong here. Unfortunately, I have very little hope that any of this gets fixed:(

• Like Like x 3
  4. azurewizzard

azurewizzard New Member

I'm having problem with the Koblenz stop marker on this route. I have to stop 5 meters from it to register the stop. Why won't it let me stop 20m from it? In every other route there is more play with stopping distances. This makes this route very unenjoyable.

5. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

There was (is?) the same problem on the Meißen branch of Dresden-Riesa. It seems they have to tick a box or something to make the stop tolerate a longer distance, and sometimes forget to tick it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. OpenMinded

Thanks for this overview of the 103 brake operation. Do you have this available for the 110 also? I must admit that I was never so interested in the old rolling stock and only have material for the modern stuff. This seems to have changed finally with the arrival of this route. Where do you have this from? On the net you find a lot of half knowledge and many entries seem to contradict each other. And the contacts I have seem to be too young for these locos (or too old to remember…).

7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Nothing like a good laugh on Saturday morning :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. dansch#6831

dansch#6831 New Member

After spending some time on the route, I wanted to share my two cents.
    The route itself is and the era it's set in are definitely a good choice, with the 103 being an iconic loco on an iconic stretch of German railroad history. I've been travelling this particular route up and down many times the past few years and overall it is recognisable. Yes, there are a few places I wouldn't necessarily recall like they are depicted in-game, though I keep in mind that more than 20 years have past and some points along the route changed.

Here are some things I wanted to point out in particular:

Koblenz Hbf:
    • The tunnel connecting the platforms is not just a generic one like most of the others (not just on Left Rhein) feel. I've coincidently been there on release day to go on a short weekend trip and when I eventually got to see it in-game a few days later, I felt like being right back at the station.
    • The fortress you can see from the platforms looks slightly different with it not being blank stone but more like a yellow painted plaster or smaller bricks.
    PIS:
    • Shame that they couldn't get the proper PIS for the platforms working. It still would have been better to put a non-functioning model in then none at all. Here's to hope it will come someday.
    • The IC wagons show no off world destinations which is more surprising since the services all seem to have the correct start and end points in the timetable selection. They even have the fitting names for the services which is a small but pleasant detail. Also showing the route name on the board is weird.
    • The same goes for the n-wagen. All I encountered have either Koblenz or Mainz displayed, while the KaKo can select others like Saarbrücken. In the timetable selection they too seem to have the right start and end.
    Lighting:
    • There are places where the lighting is bad. e.g. the dark platform buildings in Mainz or the weird way shadow works on wagons, where they suddenly go from dark to bright. The new TOD4 in general needs some improvement I think. The same issues can be seen on other routes as well, and while I like the new system it's problems like that, which are a let down.
    • I also have yet to try out a night run, but it seems like some of the instrument light don't work but it could also be that during the day it is too bright outside.
    Overall the route has its issues and they have already been pointed out by others and a patch to fix at least the more severe ones will hopefully arrive soon. I don't regret it being the first route I ever pre-ordered and it is a welcomed change from the modern german content.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

The Single Line Rider scenario has impossible timing into Koblenz Hbf. The scenario wants you to make the 8,6 km from Rhens to Koblenz in 150 seconds (that would require an average speed of 206 km/h)

upload_2023-3-25_14-38-43.png

• Like Like x 3
  10. AronStenning

AronStenning New Member

The route is not even appearing on my sim, despite buying and installing!

Is the dumb 64GB PS5 limit also affecting PS4?

How do I remove routes to try and get it on?

11. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

On the PS4 there isn’t a 64 Gb limit. There is a 50 dlc limit though, so it might be that.

Unfortunately I don’t think you can uninstall a single route on PS4, so I think you have to reinstall with a different set of routes, which is not ideal.

12. AronStenning

AronStenning New Member

Lame especially as I only have 42 routes installed.

Hopefully DTG have/are addressing this with Sony. A pain to uninstall and reinstall!

13. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It also includes any loco dlcs you have installed. It's not just routes

14. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It was a lie the BR110 is diesel not electric I don’t why there’s pantographs on the roof:
    0C9B76E5-BD3C-407F-86B8-7E688B25B6DE.jpeg

15. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Yes i reported this already. Its the freight yard called bingenbrück. Also pzb approach is bugged into siding 105 (both sides)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

The BR 628 does really help the Mainz end of this route feel busier. It adds 49 services playable services and I think there's some AI only services too. The vast bulk are SE and RB service on the Southern end of the route, which was the area that did feel most lacking in AI traffic before.

Although the 628 not exactly a fun train to drive, it is different to any other German passenger train there is in the game, and if you're bored of electric then it'll give you something else to try, it's also so terrifically slow and reluctant to go anywhere that you can get spend a decent amount of time enjoying the scenery when playing the handful of RE services that run between Bingen (Rhein) and Koblenz.

Definitely recommended as a compliment to this route, if for some reason you hadn't considered Niddertalbahn yet.

17. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

While mostly its a very nice DLC and i bought it instantly i do have some issues with the BR103.
    -The acceleration is extremely slow, it barely accelerates with notch 30 (it behaves similar to a 3000kw loco) I wonder if the physics are copy paste from the 110?
    -The brake release time even when on minimum application is insane, its similar to releasing the brakes on US freight trains with 30 cars. It takes more than 5 seconds and if you apply more than minimum brakes you can just forget about actually releasing them in time.
    I did not find any of this issue with the Virtual Railroads BR103 in TSC, i wonder if all the configs for BR103 are done properly

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  18. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

I think there is a bug with the overall distance showed in the HUD and the distance really driven. Did someone mentioned this yet?
    I drove from Mainz to Koblenz with a D-Zug this morning, right after the departure in Mainz Hbf HUD told me that the distance would be 61 km, but the summery at the end of the trip stated I‘ve travelled 91,67 km. And I think this is the correct value. Seems that this bug appears on every journey. Or am I wrong?

Attached Files:

19. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

The HUD shows the real time straight-line distance between your train and the objective. The actual distance you travel will be calculated afterwards according to the length of track you ran along. On routes like this where the route is very curvy, the straight line distance will be considerably shorter than the actual route length, hence the discrepancy is very noticeable. It's a core issue, affects all routes, DTG are aware but as yet no solution has been forthcoming.

• Like Like x 5
  20. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

The Distance on the marker is the direct distance to the object, like when you see on google maps how far a certain point is from your home. But the distance of the object to you does not represent the distance between you and the object when travelling on a road for example.

Same applies here, it is not the distance on the track, but the distance as "air line" (Luftlinie in german). The "driven" parameter against that shows the real distance travelled on track.

21. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

But then why are distance markers measuring as the crow flies and If im not mistaken speed changes and signals are displayed with their actual track distance?
    It seems like they always count down evenly unlike the distance to the next Station.

22. TKessel

23. bdobronz1968

Thank you!

24. bdobronz1968

So nice :love:

6A706869-2695-414E-B855-C662E842F800.png 609CF61B-9256-448A-97E3-454ED0272472.png

• Like Like x 2
  25. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

On LFR, there are lots of issues:
    - Cars driving through closed crossings
    - Crossings not closing at all
    - Several places, that are completeley dark
    - Brakes of the BR 103, BR 110 and n-Wagen
    - PZB indicators when under 500Hz
    - TT:
    . several trains running on the wrong line without any reason
    . no speed limit set for trains, who are not allowed to run as fast. Like this, AI does always run at max speed, even if train is not allowed that fast (BR 110+n-Wagen (max. 140 km/h), BR 628 (max. 120 km/h), freight (max speed depends on several things)
    - Speed signs are showing different things to HUD, speed limitations starting before the signs, ...

Route is not bad, but it absolutely needs some fixing.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  26. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I agree!

Mainly considering I was driving it at 90 kph and suddenly a yellow and then red light appeared, and it was impossible to stop the train before it, then I miss the timetable.
    What should be the speed for freights there? May be just 60 kph?

27. grdaniel48

I believe to include the BR155, should be the right choice for this route for freight trains.
    Even considering that the freight cars are heavy.

• Like Like x 1
  28. grdaniel48

Why the freight trains, start and stops on passenger stations?
    I mean considering there are 2 freight yards on both Mainz and Koblenz.
    I believe it will be much better to depart and arrives there!.

I know using the HBfs, means does trains run longer route than the one recreated.
    But at least could be several services from yard to yard.

May be there are some ones, as I have just bought the route last Friday.

29. grdaniel48

One last comment about it...
    I have noticed most of the boats are behind trees or on a place where it is not easily to view them, when driving the train.
    Meanwhile there are other areas where you have plenty visibility of the Rhine river, but there are no boats at all.
    I suggests to change the position of most of the boats. Or add new ones.

Considering in this route we have: trains, cars, and boats, would be nice if DTG can include on some area a plane passing - like on Koln-Aachen, or some balloons, to complete all transportation modes.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  30. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Has anyone done a freight service that started or ended in the Koblenz-Mosel yard? All the ones I have done so far have been in Koblenz Hbf.
    Also from what I gather from this great review by Tom Fresco : https://www.rail-sim.de/testberichte/review-dtg-linke-rheinstrecke-mainz-koblenz/
    is that they do exist, although as I don't know German the translator might make me misunderstand.
    I guess there must be services here because otherwise why would DTG bother to model it and fill it with wagons?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  31. March Hare

March Hare Well-Known Member

Good idea. Although, to be honest, the only way I can see most scenery on any route is to switch to an external view and zoom the camera out. Especially on British routes, with most trains' ridiculously tiny windows

32. grdaniel48

That is what I have mentioned above.
    It is really strange.
    But I hopes, at least some freight services starts and ends on freight yards!.

• Like Like x 1
  33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This unfortunately is common on TSW routes, especially German ones- even though there's a perfectly good freight yard available, freight trains pull into passenger platforms.

• Like Like x 4
  34. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

Has the ICE 1 always layered in or is that new? I’ve got 2 services for it now that I never noticed.

35. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's a layer

• Like Like x 1
  36. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It has always been there.

• Like Like x 1
  37. solicitr

At the time the route is set (1997), the north-south ICEs and ICs were sent along the LRS, despite its speed limits, because there was no Köln-Frankfurt high-speed line then.

• Like Like x 1
  38. nicodark

nicodark New Member

Why?

39. bdobronz1968

It was very seldom that the 110.3 had been used as a freight loco. This streamline shaped version was originally made to pull the legendary Rheingold passenger trains. And later they where more in use for passenger services but not really for freight. It happend occasionally, but if a 110 was pulling freight, it was more the boxy standard version of the 110 and not the streamline „Bügelfalte“. It is not completely wrong, but in that era it was not common. Since I’m no big fan of freight services it doesn’t bother me too much. But it is obvious that a freight loco of this era is missing. In my mind it would have been the better decision to use a 155 or 143 as a freight train here. They’re are nor perfectly fitting in for various reasons, but better than the 110.3. And this would have added some more diversity.
    I'm dreaming of TSG continue working on their BR 218 in the near future, that would be a cool locomotive on this track, not only for freight

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  40. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Sorry grdaniel48 , I didn't realise you had also asked about this. After performing several services I thought the same as solicitr , that it was a modelled yard that would never be used. I was surprised that they had put in so much static material if we would never go there in the end, but I accepted it. What has made me doubt is the review I mentioned before.
    Could someone from Germany translate for us if it really says that there are services that end there please?
    IMG_20230331_114646.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  41. OpenMinded

It leaves room for speculation. It says that, also in service mode, the yard is well filled with trains, however, they (not written in there, but my speculation) could also just be static or AI models. The sentence ends with the words that not all services have to end in Koblenz Hbf, but it is not mentioned that this has actually been encountered during his test drives. Hence, it not clear to me that the yard is actually used...

• Like Like x 2
  42. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the explanation, although it seems to be a little unclear. I will keep doing services and if I find one I will report it here!

43. solicitr

It seems to me that if DTG are serious about producing more Bundesbahn routes, then they really need to produce the 140/141 twins, an all-purpose duo like the 146/185 twins are for modern routes. The 140 and its siblings were the backbone of DB from the 50s to the merger and beyond.

• Like Like x 7
  44. grdaniel48

Please... you do not have to sorry about it.
    I just commented about that issue.
    The main thing here is DTG, gave us the possibility of having several freight services from Mainz to Koblenz and vice versa starts and ends on a "Gbf" (freight terminal in german).

This not be complicated for them.

• Like Like x 2
  45. grdaniel48

SPECIAL COMMENT AND MESSAGE TO DTG
    (Please notice, I am not shouting using the capital letters, just want to get more attention)

After driving this fantastic and lovely route, I noticed the following:
    Despite it is very long, it has lot of scenery and object details - like the castles, cars, buildings, wine yards, etc. - , it has lot of AI traffic, and very detailed locomotives... I can really enjoying very much, on a smoothly way!. I mean, it have very few stutters, but just near Mainz hbf only.

Furthermore when I position my view very close to the locomotive - happily! - I noticed the locomotive does not have any kind of "ugly" shape details reductions - as on most of other routes! - in order to supposedly have better performance.
    Even using the "zoom" vision mode.

The DB 103 and passenger wagons are very detailed, and despite of that the experience is smooth.

Please check this image:

TSW3 - DB103 - PERFECT VISUALS.jpg

Comparing with the ICE 1 on other routes:

TSW3 - ICE101 - BAD VISUALS.jpg

Some months ago I have reported this issue, with lot of images.

The almost real visuals of the trains and scenery, is one of the main features of this simulator, comparing with other ones..
    Of course between other important features.

The if you modify the trains that way "in the name" of performance, when clearly it is not necessary - as showed on the first image, and for the less powerful hardware the experience of the game, becomes really bad.
    For example, seeing locomotives with triangle shaped headlights is really ugly.

Then kindly ask you, to change the visual of locomotives and trains, as it was before, without reducing shape details!

Please notice I have a regular PS4.

This new great route, is a clear example, that it is possible!

Please kindly understand.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  46. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

After numerous trips I have to say that the route has probably been "optimized" for the Mainz -> Koblenz trip or that the route is simply more beautiful. The vineyards come into their own more and the "forests pop up" is minimal in this direction (in contrast to the opposite direction to Mainz).

A trip from Mainz to Koblenz is therefore much more fun than the other way around. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  47. OpenMinded

I have to say that I am really enjoying this route, however, I am trying to only drive heading north, as I am absolutely not so keen on the messy speed indications driving into Mainz.

In the beginning I was really disappointed with the brakes on the fast trains with its BR103. I am exclusively driving it with the air brakes disabled on the loco, as described by meridian#2659 in post #422. It’s a completely new driving experience and as I am able to adhere to the PZB rules must be pretty close to the real behaviour.

So, thanks DTG for this route. But Please, please fix what has already been mentioned and bring the 101 on:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  48. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I kind of rediscover the small stations (most 103 just fly by) with the DB BR 628 services, the pace is just right for looking a bit more left and right :)

• Like Like x 4
  49. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Are you sure it’s not the “Get out and Push” scenario?

50. TKessel

I noticed when driving BRO again at the weekend that the 110 has it's VMAx Limit of 140kp/h shown in the HUD even when the track allows 160kp/h. On MKB it shows the track limit instead of VMax of the loco.