Lirr Change At Jamaica

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by craig_martin00, Jun 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. craig_martin00

craig_martin00 New Member

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or doing something wrong but I completed Change at Jamaica and received a bronze medal. After having a few more attempts have done much better than my first however my bronze medal won't change. Is there a way to fix this? What is required to get a gold? My best score so far is 6888 AP.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

My guess is, there's no way to get silver or gold. It's all the same for a lot of services, tutorials or scenarios on various routes.
    I assume we'll have to live with it, since DTG is very reluctant (to say the least) to fix even far more annoying bugs. Our fun is just irrelevant.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think the thresholds for the medals are something like: Gold = 95% of maximum theoretical score; Silver = 85%; and, Bronze = 75%.

The problem is... what is the maximum theoretical score....? To determine this, you'd have to stress-test the scenario... or if you designed the route you could just calculate it, since you placed the beacons that trigger the scoring.... It appears that for very many (if not all) scenarios/services.... that nobody has calculated the actual maximum properly... so you end up with lots of very easy golds and some services where you cannot get more than bronze.

Change at Jamaica might be even more broken because there used to be a section where you had to ride a train to Jamaica (hence thet title of the scenario) - this bit was cut out - but I can't remember if you got AP for riding the train to Jamaica (or even if AP existed at that point...).

Either way - you haven't maxed out the AP score, because the maximum would end in a zero (as maximum points are awarded with 500, 250 and 30 for various events). I suspect that you are very close (maybe the top score is 6900 AP for this scenario...?). It is possible to painfully "game" extra AP on freight services by pointlessly reversing up and a down a long stretch of line (and repeatedly passing through beacons)... where there are no time contraints, but it would be excessively painful to try to do this on LIRR.

On a positive note, TSW wouldn't be where it is today if it didn't have a broken medals system, a broken trophy/achievement system and a broken "Mastery" online stats system. To fix these systems would take a bit of attention to detail - and they are all very easy to fix... but they take time to fix if initially implemented poorly... ;-(

4. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I think that 6890 AP is the maximum score for this scenario. I actually calculated it to be 6860 AP, but I think you found 30 AP more than me, probably by just tapping the buffer at Long Island City.

Anyway - you got 99.97%. Which is easily gold. To fix this medal, all they need to do is set the thresholds for a maximum score of 6890 AP.