Lirr Signalling & Safety Systems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Reeon1999, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

What systems are implemented on the Long Island Railroad in Train Sim World? ATC is implemented (even if in some areas it seems a little off and makes me late). This system I understand - mostly. Then there's the alerter which to me seems like sifa/dsd where it makes sure the driver is still alert. But then there's also a deadman's pedal which can be activated on the fuse panel but doesn't work? Surely it's the same as what the alerter is if it's the same as a deadman's pedal in the UK? Lastly, in a lot of places there's speed limit changes but no speed boards, I understand some of them are to do with the ATC it seems like when crossing switches but I can't find a speed board 2/3 of the time. In real life would the track speed be displayed near the ATC under track speed so that's why there's not many speed boards on the route? I know this sort of thing is down to route learning but in some areas it changes, like in a tunnel, where there's nothing visually changing so how would the driver know where to slow down? This is why I'm guessing there's meant to be a track speed displayed in the cab next to the ATC since the ATC doesn't always mean track speed.
    TLDR: What systems are implemented in game and how to activate them for the LIRR route vs what systems are there in real life?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  2. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Many US routes have speed limit changes without speed limit signs. These routes require actual route knowledge, not just looking at signs like how it is for drivers on the road.

Until ACSES is implemented in real life on this section, only signal speeds (ATC) are shown on the Aspect Display Unit (ADU). The signal speed may be higher or lower than the actual maximum allowed track speed. This is just something that requires memorization.

To be successful you need to enable ATC, memorize the signal aspects and their meanings, as well as memorize the permanent speed restrictions (speed limits for track).

The signal guide attached was made by myself. The speed limits in the attached General Notice are from an official document created by the MTA.

I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3