Lirr Texture Failure

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sparmi, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

There is a big texture bug in the East River tunnel on the Long Island Rail Road. It only appears in the direction from New York Penn to Sunnyside Yard. I have inserted a screenshot below.
    Another problem still arises with the Mastery. It still doesn't work as planned. Sometimes it counts and often it didn't, so it's difficult to reach the rewards...
    LIRR_Texture Failure.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

This is a well known bug and has been reported by myself and others, since the dlc was first released. I find the graphics on lirr quite the worst in the game, bland and uninteresting. I went on Lirr for the first time in a while the other night, and was surprised this bug had not been patched. But never mind in a week or two we will have some more dlc to buy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. J4mes

J4mes Member

I had the same thing as above pic last night myself!!! Thought it would sort itself out, which it did after I looked out the left side window and then back to the front screen!!

4. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

LIRR is crap: never fixed bugs, framerate issues, bad quality textures... How is it possibile that such a piece of garbage cleared the testing process?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Of course LIRR is not the best route in TSW, but I like the M7 trains. There is a kind of monotony on the american routes compared to the european routes. On the other hand "San Francisco" is a successful example for an american track. It is also a pity that they did not implement CSX Heavy Haul on console, which was the first TSW route and visually very appealing. I also compared LIRR with NEC and I didn't find the tunnel bug there. Moreover the skyline at Sunnyside Yard also looks a little bit different than in NEC. But in LIRR they finally implemented the new World Trade Center, one of the greatest landmarks in New York. There is always room for improvement and DTG releases new updates regularly. We can only report these bugs in the forum and hopefully they will be fixed...

6. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

NEC has the WTC as well. ;)
    611 05.jpg

NVM the rest of Manhattan though...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...must be a PC sreenshot, but thanks for sharing. I just drove past the same place with an AC-64, but didn't see the skyline of Manhattan. This is probably due to the shorter drawing distance of the PS4. Maybe DTG will adjust it when the PS5 comes out. ;)

8. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Affirmative.

9. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I finally found the WTC in NEC by using the free camera! Looks like after the climate change, surrounded by sand dunes. Also the sunset covers it with romantic lighting... ;)
    WTC in NEC.jpg