List Of Top 23 Route Suggestions For Tsw 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I suppose thos show interest that later at some point might make them to step out of their comfort zone. If noone is even asking for foreign stuff, then they won't feel any pressure to even think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

All I can say is I assume the Cornwall route was made due to the pressure on the suggestion thread?

3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say pressure as it was just one thread, but they may well have gotten the idea for it from there, or maybe it was suggested more on Rivet's forums.

• Like Like x 1
  4. colinwoodrow

colinwoodrow New Member

Could you add some routes between Glasgow and Edinburgh or Greenock? More Scottish routes would be good.

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Only one that surprises me and I disagree with is 4. Any London Underground Route,

Yeah I know there's different types of tunnels etc but for me the Bakerloo line is the one route I own but have uninstalled.

Interesting (to me atleast) is that Dutch routes are so much higher up the list then other European country.

6. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Boston sprinter and lirr.

7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Both are in game...

8. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Lirr extension like to port Jefferson,Port Washington or Babylon.

9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Tbh some of the lines, particularly the Metropolitan don't really feel like a London Underground line, they feel more like a mainline that just happens to have an underground section - for example, in the peak (and all day until 2011), the Met has express services - the only tube like to do so, and most lines have all their termini in the open, with only the central section through London itself in tunnels.

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

10.) Harlem Line 11.) Boston-Providence NEC Rush Hour Swiss Route possibly Lucerne Olten.
    Of these I agree with ÖBB route because these can impact the German Routes Riesa-Dresden ÖBB1216 & 1293 Freight Röderau Dresden Bad Schandau Schöna Bodenbach Prag Brünn service Playable as Röderau/Riesa-Dresden final destination is Wien Kledering ÖBB 1116 Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Lohr. Wien Kledering is the End point of Westbahn Salzburg Wien. In return ÖBB routes can give Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg ÖBB 2070 1163 1064 & 1063 to work inside München Laim

11. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

It's interesting these two have not been touched yet. I think these are the two where the community will screw if they come out as a 40mile snapshot. These two absolutely either need to be London plus 100 miles or modularly built to connect seamlessly together with a working save function.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which is likely why DTG haven't attempted them yet. Currently they can't do 100 miles of densely-populated England within time and budget constraints (they had to bail on the attempt to do that much prairie grassland), nor can they do route mergers, and God knows when if ever the save function will work.

13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

London Underground should (with hindsight) have been either the Northern Line or maybe Central Line. Both have a number of branches and therefore more diversity of services. The Central line at the western end comes into Ealing Broadway on one branch and briefly parallels the GC/GW joint line from West Ruislip through Greenford on the other, which would have been easier to get away with than the dead WCML from Queens Park to Harrow, which also lacks the Overground service from Euston whatever era the route was set in. The Northern Line has little or no interface with the national rail network and has a very varied service structure.

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Cough Cough, Crewe to Liverpool is WCML so not long now. Not what many would have been hoping for but it is WCML nevertheless.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

One would hope not, with no other new UK route apparently in the pipeline. They were still talking about "months" in the stream a week or two ago, though that could be an element of misdirection and by definition "months" could be anything from two (Easter) to ten (Christmas) but my smart money would be early summer. Unless something exceptional comes along, SOS may well be the next TSW product I actually buy (HSC and the Hudson Line not being of much interest).

• Like Like x 2
  16. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

So, I'm just going to throw this out there, despite the fact that there is little to zero chance it could actually be done. I would love to see a large portion of the PRR in the late '60's-early '70's, right at the time of the big merger with NH and NYC that created Penn Central. While it started in 1968, anywhere from '68-'72, or there about, would allow for so many livery and operational options, not to mention all of the 1st and 2nd gen diesels that would involve, it could take a lifetime to realize them all. Like I said, I know it's a pipe dream, but it's fun to think about.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Tim RTC

Tim RTC New Member

If they continue the retro Northern English theme, a 1990s Leeds to Carlisle run would be top of my list. Would allow the introduction of the ever popular Pacers on the Skipton and Lancaster services, 156 on Carlisle workings and maybe Class 60 on freight, then it would be easy to offer a 1980s timetable with loco haulage using the types already available in-game.

• Like Like x 1
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's largely a function of the calendar; Liverpool-Crewe is the last of the routes decided upon last year, and DTG have yet to make their selections for the coming year. Have no fear, a third of them will be UK.

• Like Like x 1