Livery Dlc Packs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by elarthur, Sep 15, 2021.

1. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Although my suggestion refers specifically to British routes, it probably applies to other countries routes equally. With the current number of British train classes at around 20 with more on the way, I think it would be a good idea to release liveries as dlc for our current collection. A few examples are...

Class 101 BR Green multiple variations, BR Blue, Early NSE, NSE with Thames/North Downs sub brand, Regional Railways etc

Class 40 and 45 BR Green multiple variations

Class 166 NSE Thames Express, Go Ahead and Early First GW liveries (licence permitting)

Class 52 Desert Sand, Golden Ocre, BR Green, BR Blue small yellow panels

Class 08 and 09 Many options

Class 33 BR Blue, NSE, Civil Engineering Dutch etc

And many others

I would gladly pay to have my collection available in many more of the liveries that each type have worn over the years. I also appreciate that we have the livery designer but I often don't have the time or energy to create these liveries from scratch.

• Like Like x 10
  2. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

The FGW Livery Exists in the Game files for the 166/HST on GWE, in case you didn't know, But I Do like the Idea of Livery packs, Cheap DLCs that add in a Livery for an Existing locos and maybe give it Layers and scenarios for a Fitting route.

• Like Like x 3
  3. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

Why pay for something you can make/download (on PC) for free, the idea of livery packs is a good idea but with the livery editor it makes them pointless

4. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

Personally play on consol and can't see my self for example making a fgw livery on the designer so I think livery packs would be nice to have for a small fee like 4.99 or 5.99 depending on the amount of liverys
    Another example a 375 livery pack
    Which came with the white livery with blue or yellow doors and the mutiple southeastern white liverys they have been in

• Like Like x 3
  5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Agree on that. People who dont have the patience for creating their own livery and an official sharing is not possible yet, i would recommend a market place for liveries.
    I mean its not a must buy, so only a win for those who enjoy

• Like Like x 4
  6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Not everyone plays on pc

• Like Like x 3
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I do wonder how hard it would be to introduce some sort of livery swapping functionality. If the liveries are stored in a simple file that could be uploaded to Dovetail Live along with a thumbnail image, you could have a browser to Like / Report / Download those files back to your own system. It wouldn't need to be as polished as the GT Sport or The Crew versions, but being able to search by train model and browse by Newest / Highest Rated should be plenty. I'm sure there could be some sort of disclaimer about trademarks and let people just get on with it; if Polyphony can get away with it – and they have players actually interacting online in their liveried cars with a million random brands that people have uploaded – why can't DTG?

• Like Like x 2
  8. elarthur

Doesn't work for us console users. And as I explained, I don't have the time to create authentic liveries, not to mention the lack of suitable text fonts etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

This... This is way better than a market place, they could integrate it into Dovetail Live, its one of my favourite features about game like Forza, GT sport and The Crew, so it wouldn't be impossible to do, they could also integrate it with the livery competition, like the top rated livery in a period of time wins. And the same can be done for sharing scenarios

10. elarthur

Sorry to resurrect this older post but the subject has once again raised its head in the NTP/TVL layers post. I really hope DTG can find a way to make it happen.

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Also apply to modern Trains like 395 & ICE3M from Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen. 395 002 395 017 have a mask paint 395 013 Hornby Model Railway. DB BR406 4601 Europe stripes

12. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

A green class 45 would require a few different front variations to be made.

13. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Mask liveries aren't going to happen, TSW was/is an "Escape from (the) reality (of COVID)", and therefore won't have the mask liveries.

That would also apply to the ScotRail HST, the Class 390 (stop saying it on every 390-related thread, seriously. Gets repetitive fast), and the 395 itself.

The Hornby one as well, would likely require a license be negotiated with them, so that's unlikely for a small livery pack.

As for the EU one, I don't see much against that. Except the fact that some people could consider that political (especially coming from a UK country). However I don't see anything against that.

-------------------------------------------------------
    At that, I'd throw in the Southeastern White Livery for the Class 375 as an option, and also the SPT Livery for the Class 314 (so to get things like the numbers, and also reduce the chance involved), both - in my opinion - good choices.

Although, I suspect that dovetail may be looking at a sharing platform alongside LD 2.0.

• Like Like x 2
  14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thank you for telling me about this situation since I base mine on current railway paint schemes in the UK and Germany