Livery Editor: Edit The Existing Livery

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Br425, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

When we create a new livery, we have to start with a complete blank train. Could we also have the opportunity to begin with the existing livery of the train? It would make things much easier.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That will not be possible due to licensing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Is it possible to share liveries?

4. Cramnor

Yes, there is some third party software that allows you to import and export specific liveries. Quickest is probably to Google it, but there were some information in one of the forums as well.

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Don't want to say that you are wrong, I'm quite ignorant about this, but why would that be? If the livery is for personal use only then why would it be a problem if we edit said livery, I could understand the absence of the logos as pre-made symbols, but if it's impossible to tell between a perfectly recreated livery with the writing "DB is awful" and one with a writing edited over the existing livery why should that matter? Our liveries are already impossible to share and not allowed in (almost) any DTG contest, so if we are limited from that PoV of sharing at least the creation part could be opened up

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Maybe cuz some people will post it on YT or try to share it with other people?

7. Cramnor

You can always share liveries, the liveries themselves are possible to share, and in the worst case you upload videos or pictures of it on the internet. And there are so many things a company would not like to see their logo in conjunction with, that would not allow for it to be used freely by everyone. It is not about what you do for yourself in your own game, it's about what things (racism, hate speech, catastrophes and so on) people will do with your livery if they get the chance to edit it.

I'm totally on your side, I would love to edit the professional liveries, but if I put myself in the companies shoes, I can absolutely understand that they would not allow that.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1