Livery Editor - What Does This Do?

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Blacknred81, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

So one menu I found on the Layers menu by pressing V on PC or L1 on the PS4 brings up a copy to car screen. Does anyone know what this is for, the shortcut isn't listed on the layers screen and I cant do anything when I select "This Car" giving an error "Copy Failed - Cant Copy to Self"

Any ideas?
    20200821195001_1.jpg
    Snapshot_20200821_195242.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yeah that happened to me but I don't know what it's for though

3. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

I think (have not tried) it's for the London underground train etc. As it's a multiple unit that option will let you copy a design from the first car to the second car etc. I may be wrong but that was my assumption.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

This is for trains with multiple carriages/units. On an ICE3 for example when you press L1 the livery editor will copy the layer to the same position on whichever carriage you scroll to when the option appears. On a loco or individual trailer, probably by the option has been left in there despite the fact it does not allow the user to 'copy to car', and produces the error instead. In effect on a single loco/trailer it would only replicate the standard copy function anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

This is when you are decorating a multiple unit like the 72 stock, ICE 3m, and BR 442, when you want to apply the same shape/text/group to multiple cars in the unit.

It is completely useless on individual cars and locomotives (at this point only the US stock), so I think the feature should be removed from them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Thank you, guess it makes sense, since I haven't touch any vehicles outside of the Sand Patch Rolling Stock.

• Like Like x 2